Our server bill is due soon and we need your help in paying it. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Yes, Canadian workers now have the ability to transfer funds to their bank account! (Woot!)

Thanks

I completed a survey a few days ago, then received an email saying that I qualified for a follow up - but when I clicked the link, it said I wasn't qualified - after some investigating, I saw that it was for the U.S. only - so I contacted the requester and she said she set it up through Turk Prime, and didn't realize that it automatically added the U.S. only requirement - so it looks like some requesters aren't paying attention to the details and don't realize that they're making their hits U.S. only.

We need to nudge them a bit to utilize the requirements options

Thanks
    Thanked 7,662 Times in 2,548 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thehoncho View Post
    I completed a survey a few days ago, then received an email saying that I qualified for a follow up - but when I clicked the link, it said I wasn't qualified - after some investigating, I saw that it was for the U.S. only - so I contacted the requester and she said she set it up through Turk Prime, and didn't realize that it automatically added the U.S. only requirement - so it looks like some requesters aren't paying attention to the details and don't realize that they're making their hits U.S. only.

We need to nudge them a bit to utilize the requirements options
    Woah really! We have to talk to Turk Prime :/ I just logged in to see and it is indeed the default:

It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by spamgirl View Post
    Woah really! We have to talk to Turk Prime :/ I just logged in to see and it is indeed the default:

How would I go about bringing this to there attention? This could change a lot I believe.

Thanks

Just a follow up post. I actually wrote an email to Jeff about this bullshit payment option for canadian Turkers. He referred my email to some dude named Dylan. Who said he was going to assemble a team and look into it. I haven't heard back from him. If I don't get a favorable response, I'm going to write to the Canadian Government and MPs to get involved on this matter. Why open the doors to Canadians, and force them to use amazon gift card credit. Complete nonsense.

Thanks

I read in a post on Reddit that someone buys Starbucks and Whole Foods gift cards and they can be used in Canada.
    I'm more a McDonald's and No Frills person but it wouldn't kill me to shop at Whole Foods once, I don't think. I don't know what their prices are like.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to homey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thehoncho View Post
    We could start an "Expand your horizons beyond the U.S. - include Canada in your requirements!" contact-the-requester campaign

I've already contacted a few - if nothing else, hopefully it'll at least put a bug in their ear and get them thinking
    How do you do that? I just saw a hit I would like to do. I could not find any way to contact the requester. I am happy to do that regularly, just need to find out how.

Admin and Forum Support Rosie The Robot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,934 Times in 4,300 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by homey View Post
    How do you do that? I just saw a hit I would like to do. I could not find any way to contact the requester. I am happy to do that regularly, just need to find out how.
    It should be under HIT details.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie The Robot View Post
    It should be under HIT details.
    But it isn't.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,662 Times in 2,548 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by homey View Post
    But it isn't.
    It only appears if you are qualified to do those HITs, otherwise it doesn't show up. You can use this URL, just stick their Requester ID at the end:L https://worker.mturk.com/contact_req...t_type_message[hit_type_id]=BOILERPLATE&hit_type_message[requester_id]=
    It's all good.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3