We are no where close to paying our June server bill. If you can help, please do! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Looking for workers who completed my HIT but server timed out before submission - I'd like to compensate you!

Looking for workers who completed my HIT but server timed out before submission - I'd like to compensate you!

Yesterday I posted a HIT that, while it ran well with up to 100 participants, experienced fatal server delays when I deployed with 300 participants, so there were workers who completed the HIT but could not submit it. I have the worker IDs of these workers, but I have scoured every information source I can find and I can't find a way to pay them (they don't show up on my worker list) nor to even contact them (it seems you can't notify or bonus workers that have not completed a task for you).

First, if anyone has solutions to this, please let me know what ideas you have!

Second, I would like to pay them to compensate them for their participation. I have created a custom no-work HIT to do this and have given the qualification for this HIT to the workers that I'm sure fall in this category. But since I can't notify them, they don't know that HIT is waiting for them. The HIT is called "Make up payment for Feb 9 HIT you completed". If you are one of these workers or know someone who is, please check to see if that HIT exists for you. If it does not, please contact me at saj2@williams.edu and include your worker ID so I can add you to the HIT qualification if I find you in my data file.

-Sarah Jacobson

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sarah.jacobson For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 Times in 3,698 Posts

Thank you so much! You are doing the right thing. I'll help spread the word.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,464 Times in 2,444 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sarah.jacobson View Post
    Second, I would like to pay them to compensate them for their participation. I have created a custom no-work HIT to do this and have given the qualification for this HIT to the workers that I'm sure fall in this category. But since I can't notify them, they don't know that HIT is waiting for them. The HIT is called "Make up payment for Feb 9 HIT you completed". If you are one of these workers or know someone who is, please check to see if that HIT exists for you. If it does not, please contact me at saj2@williams.edu and include your worker ID so I can add you to the HIT qualification if I find you in my data file.

-Sarah Jacobson
    Hi Sarah,

a) I'd recommend you fill out this form to get Requester access, that way we know who you are (for those who need to do your make-up HIT, knowing your Requester ID means they can double check if they have access or not)

b) What you describe above is the only method of compensating those who have not submitted a HIT for you. Thanks for doing it!
    It's all good.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,083 Times in 449 Posts

I was able to submit the task on time and have already received my bonus. However, I had a complaint about some of my rounds showing NO SCORE. I messaged Sarah about it, but have gotten no reply yet. So I'd like to address that here.
    Reduce, reuse, recycle. And consider being an organ donor.
    Make the most of what you've got.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HITforbrains For This Useful Post:

Thank you for telling me. I have not received your message. Could you email me directly at saj2@williams.edu and include your WorkerID?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,083 Times in 449 Posts

Thank you for telling me. I have not received your message. Could you email me directly at saj2@williams.edu and include your WorkerID?
    I just sent you an email.
    Reduce, reuse, recycle. And consider being an organ donor.
    Make the most of what you've got.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HITforbrains For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,661 Times in 886 Posts

Is there any possibility of simply revoking the qualification that prevents a person from retaking the HIT? I only made it to the end of round 2 after 30+ minutes of waiting only to have it jump suddenly to round 8 - at which point I decided to returned the HIT. I would like the opportunity to take the HIT when the server isn't experiencing a Chernobyl meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by bromeliad View Post
    Is there any possibility of simply revoking the qualification that prevents a person from retaking the HIT? I only made it to the end of round 2 after 30+ minutes of waiting only to have it jump suddenly to round 8 - at which point I decided to returned the HIT. I would like the opportunity to take the HIT when the server isn't experiencing a Chernobyl meltdown.
    If you send me your WorkerID I will make every effort to do that! saj2@williams.edu.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,661 Times in 886 Posts

If you send me your WorkerID I will make every effort to do that! saj2@williams.edu.
    Gosh, that was fast. Thanks. Hopefully you will post the HIT again sometime soon.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bromeliad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,597 Times in 12,372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bromeliad View Post
    My situation is the same as Bromeliad. I was not able to finish the hit so I returned it. I have sent you my worker ID

17. The Following User Says Thank You to carolyn For This Useful Post: