We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: NYC Turkers - want a job at an art show?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,346 Times in 2,377 Posts

NYC Turkers - want a job at an art show?

Wanted to drop you a quick note. My next show will be in NYC in early March. The show will take place over 5 days and it will be well attended given its a big week for art fairs/shows in the city. The show will be an installation about this fictive startup Amazing Industries exploring the internet's relationship to work. I plan to include 1-2 Turkers in the exhibition who could be at a desk in the show doing their usual Turking during the show - and I would pay them $15 per hour in addition to whatever they make Turking. They do not have to interact with the audience, but they could if they choose. I would cover all food, transportation too. The goal is to provide a window into mTurking to a public audience who does not know the ups and downs and the gray areas of workers rights. I would document some of this to add to the cause of educating wider audiences about workers rights. Also, I will include a small book shelf of literature and would love to have your paper there for people to see. Other books would include Digital Labor edited by Trebor Scholz.

Do you know any Turkers in or near NYC who might be interested?
    If you're interested, please shoot me a PM.
    It's all good.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Very interested

Thanks
    Thanked 7,346 Times in 2,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    Very interested
    I've emailed you.
    It's all good.