We are halfway to hitting our goal of paying the monthly server bill on May 1.
This is the second month in a row we've been short. If you can help, please do!
Click the thermometer to learn more.

Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some Questions

So... a random question. I have the panda add on as recommended here, but I dont think i've actually been using it for anything (at least I dont think I have). What am i supposed to actually be doing with it?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,339 Times in 3,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OsRavan View Post
    So... a random question. I have the panda add on as recommended here, but I dont think i've actually been using it for anything (at least I dont think I have). What am i supposed to actually be doing with it?
    Do you mean Panda Crazy Helper? That should provide buttons to allow you to easily add watchers to Panda Crazy.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

Thanks

Maybe this will help:
    http://pandacrazy.allbyjohn.com

If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Thanks rosey! I had it, turned out i just hadn't realized there was a separate webpage.

Also thank you ALL of you, don't know how i would have figured thus all out without all of your help.

Heh, speaking of. Another question. And I didnt want to keep cluttering up the daily thread, helpful as people were there. So. Mmm. Is there a point to adding surveys to panda at all? You need to click the 'once' button right? So even if they go to panda, its not like panda can search you up another? Or does it search for similar surveys?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OsRavan View Post
    Thanks rosey! I had it, turned out i just hadn't realized there was a separate webpage.

Also thank you ALL of you, don't know how i would have figured thus all out without all of your help.

Heh, speaking of. Another question. And I didnt want to keep cluttering up the daily thread, helpful as people were there. So. Mmm. Is there a point to adding surveys to panda at all? You need to click the 'once' button right? So even if they go to panda, its not like panda can search you up another? Or does it search for similar surveys?
    The daily thread is a very helpful place. If you ask here, all you have is me to answer, probably.

Surveys are often reposted. Some expire. When they are reposted, they may have the same ID. If not, a requester search is better than a panda.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

The best HITs to do quickly if you don't care about getting paid are p9r and CrowdSource, and the one that says "Give examples of what could be the best of things."

p9r has HITs as low as a penny which are NEVER acceptable or reasonable to do for the money, because it takes longer then that for the page to load or to click tab a few times, etc. The 4¢ and 5¢ ones COULD be worth it except that, in those ranges, it interslerses unreadable "medical HITs" which also require checkboxes instead of quick typing. So if quick numbers are your concern you could do p9r 1¢, 2¢, or 3¢, or you can do the 4¢ and 5¢ ones and deal with having to click "Skip" and "Accept" a bunch of extra times on the medical ones.

Actually I think muturkers should all just get together and ask p9r to exclude medical and checkbox entries from their HITs and put all of those in a separate batch only for people who are willing to do them...

Another option is CrowdSource, this is typing captions. I guess most people avoid them because they think they pay too low? Well, they do pay low on some HITs, where speakers have accents or are talking faster then most, but I think the pay isn't terrible sometimes as long as you don't get the ones that do that, and as long as you don't waste time Googling biological term and such... they would need to pay a decent rate for doing that research work to be a valid expectation. Of course, actual caption-typers working for other companies get paid far, FAR more.

Lastly there is a company which asks "What are three examples of the best color?". In order to answer this question, just type in any three words that are colors. Some of these do require Google on a subject matter you're not interested in, such as "2016 linebackers for the team from Montana." I no longer do these HITs after they stopped posting topics individually and instead have 7 or so topics now in a single HIT, I skipped the ones that can't be found on the first page of Google with no additional clciks, but now since I can't skip those anymore it seems that this is useless for good money. It will be good for upping numbers however if you find this task useful for you.

Mostly the HITs which are good in batches, are posted randomly, that is, they are not the "common, everyday" HITs so you will see one you like, it will be available for a day or a week and then be gone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123