We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Need help guys and gals.

Unhappy Need help guys and gals.

So before on the old mturk site i was able to find generally plenty of hits useing turkmaster. now on the new website that is not useable. i have to use MTS hit finder. it seems like every hit is taken already. i had a few good requesters but they are gone because of the new site. What can i do that will help out?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,114 Times in 3,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeljbeanneff View Post
    So before on the old mturk site i was able to find generally plenty of hits useing turkmaster. now on the new website that is not useable. i have to use MTS hit finder. it seems like every hit is taken already. i had a few good requesters but they are gone because of the new site. What can i do that will help out?
    Most of us are using Panda Crazy. MTS HIT Finder will allow you to easily add a HIT to HIT Catcher, while HIT Forker will allow you to easily add a HIT to Panda Crazy. Also, you can easily add a HIT to Panda Crazy from the Daily HITs thread, which is the best place to learn how to turk effectively.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,854 Times in 576 Posts

I use Turmaster on the new site. You just have to update it. I also us the stuff Rosie mentioned.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thegrinder For This Useful Post:

OP - I am in the a similar boat! I haven't figured out an efficient way to turn on the new site. Maybe we can learn this together!

I never used Panda Crazy before on the old site and am having problems figuring it out. I have installed the Panda Crazy script and the Panda Crazy Helper script. I figured out how to use the buttons in the forum for panda, once, search. BUT when I click on those - a tiny box pops up for a quick minute and then disappears. From what I've read, I have to keep another tab open with a Panda Crazy page open in it. Then I will be able to see what I have panda'd and edit that list. But I haven't been able to "get" that part!

Quote Originally Posted by joeljbeanneff View Post
    OK, I actually think I may have figured it out after I posted above. I have been trying to use Panda Crazy and I finally got it to work finally.

To install it:
    https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/19...rk-panda-crazy

After you have it installed - you need this site open in a new WINDOW (not a new tab). https://worker.mturk.com/requesters/PandaCrazy/projects
    This is where you can see what panda's you have running and how often they are searching, what they've caught, you can turn them off etc.

There are also two other Panda Crazy "helper" scripts you can install:
    https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/20...a-crazy-helper
    And
    https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/23...y-queue-helper

If you're using the Daily Hit Thread to find HITs (which is a great resource BTW!), after you have these scripts installed there are three "buttons" when people post hits - "Panda" "Once" & "Search". The "Panda" one will create a panda for the hit. You can see the panda by going to that site you have open in that other window! (This is the piece I had been missing because I did not have the main script installed).

Does that help? That is as far as I've gotten so far with it. But I feel like I've finally seen the light!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cyberjf For This Useful Post: