Our server bill is due soon and we need your help in paying it. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: 01/13/2018 National Rubber Duckie Saturday-May you float in hits.

Quote Originally Posted by bpyser1 View Post
    @Bear

How was the $18 sentence hit? I still have it set on PC and was wondering if it is worth the PANDA?
    I happeed to catch it, too. Was easy, but, odd. Like Bear, I hope I did it right though.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to witch1 For This Useful Post:

*** Forum Supporter ***
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,875 Times in 4,513 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy5332 View Post
    I was the sushi eater everyone didn't want to try it so I told my son if you try this(California) I will pay you $10, he tried it now he is eating all different kinds. I tried making it but the rice just doesn't turn out right but we keep trying lol we do eat at the all you can eat 2 times a month and today is our day!!
    I learned you really need sushi rice instead of regular rice, and every bit of the seasoning. I took a class at Whole Foods meant for kids once and kept the little booklet. I dream of making enough $ here to be able to afford sushi grade fish

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CrazyCatLady For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,588 Times in 3,291 Posts

Another benefit, I guess of living in that part of Washington... Free blackberries!

Who would have ever thought blackberries would be considered weeds.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bpyser1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 39,521 Times in 11,587 Posts

The Vancouver area is nice as well, where my friends are from. It's very close to Oregon and you can take advantage of the No Sales Tax in Oregon with the No State Income Tax in Washington
    That was one of the places I was looking but it was a little pricey.. there is a few suburbs outside Seattle but I am also looking at Port Angeles

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hballarte For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TurkIngiNtheusa View Post
    I can't speak for your personal tastes, obviously, but unless you like 3 hour commutes to go 4 miles, stay away from seattle. Oregon is . . . okay . . . but stay away from portland for the same reason. Oh and with portland you also have the added hipster factor. (If I see one more man-bun I might haul off and punch someone in the face) Vancouver, WA is beautiful and you never have to go into portland unless you want to. The downside of vancouver is the cost of living thanks to the lack of housing.

I would recommend the kelso/longview area. Beautiful but only remote enough to make you feel a little less crowded. Still close enough to larger cities that it wont take you 6 hours to do the grocery shopping.
    I wouldnt move directly into Seattle, some of the outskirts seemed nice.. theres a few places near the coast and Port Angeles I like as well. Vancouver I have been eyeing, but it is a little pricey.. Oregon is nice too but still comparing to see which I would prefer more

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hballarte For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by margaretd View Post
    Seriously?? Where are you moving or just kidding?
    I want to move out to either Oregon or Washington, right now I am doing a lot of research and such and saving up.. not sure when but I am hoping either over the summer or within the year at most

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hballarte For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hballarte View Post
    I want to move out to either Oregon or Washington, right now I am doing a lot of research and such and saving up.. not sure when but I am hoping either over the summer or within the year at most
    If you plan to rent you might want to consider moving into the state during the winter months. You'll find move in costs, and rents, reduced during those months. Everyone moves in the summer so the rental places jack up the costs. It might seem like a small issue but when lease renewals come around and they, too, are happening in the summer, the rent increases will be more dramatic.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TurkIngiNtheusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 1,078 Posts

I grew up in Oregon and finally took my husband there this last summer he LOVED it so were looking into a possible move later in life all our kids are here and his family and my mom. But my brother and hubbys best friend as well as my best friend that went and married my brother live there so we may just do long visits for now.
    Q: What do you get when you mix beans and onions?
    A: Tear gas.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tammy5332 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 128,148 Times in 38,008 Posts

Go to Washington. That's where the most bigfoot sightings are.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bear For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

*** Forum Supporter ***
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,875 Times in 4,513 Posts

Another benefit, I guess of living in that part of Washington... Free blackberries!

Who would have ever thought blackberries would be considered weeds.
    You can have all the wild blackberries out of my backyard! I think someone two or three owners ago tried a blackberry patch, and then tried to tear it up. We've been here almost 10 years and I'm *still* pulling up the runners

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrazyCatLady For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast