We need help getting enough package purchases to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: 01/13/2018 National Rubber Duckie Saturday-May you float in hits.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    Silly question #2. I noticed there was an update to PC. And I've been putting it in its own window all on its own. But every 5 seconds its popping up with that stupid "hey" notification that says its not focussed and I need to put it in its own window. But it is in its own window. So, what am I doing wrong?
    You can't have it minimized either.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thebandkittie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thebandkittie View Post
    You can't have it minimized either.
    Okay. But it's not. It's in its own window and its not minimized. It hates me :P

Thanks

Okay. But it's not. It's in its own window and its not minimized. It hates me :P
    Does it repeatedly say "Hey"? I can get it to say hey if I even get near the new tab tab on Chrome (what I'm calling the vacant tab to the right of the tab I have PC in). I've never been bothered by the "hey". I think it's kinda cute. If it said "hey hey hey hey...hey..." I wouldn't like it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thebandkittie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,703 Times in 8,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by changes4kelly View Post
    What about Hit Scraper, is that just another choice? I've never tried Hitforker or Hit finder, is that something I should look into?
    Quote Originally Posted by mturkmaster View Post
    So I really should try to abandon hit scraper?

Hitscraper is still an option, and its still a scraper and does most of the same things too. I use all 3, at different times for different things depending on whats going on that day.

@Carebear my PC hasnt updated or yelled at me yet so I dont know - but @Giskard was having that same problem this morning also
    On average, approximately how many trips do you take outside this solar system, per year?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JustKeepSwimming For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,639 Times in 987 Posts

I had this problem before a few months ago - anytime I didn't have PC as the top window, it would slow down. When I'd glance at it again, it would speed back up. I initially solved it by switching to two monitors, and keeping PC up and "in focus" on one at all times. For some reason when I got a new computer, I stopped having the issue though. Not sure why.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cnw10 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,178 Times in 3,831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post
    Hitscraper is still an option, and its still a scraper and does most of the same things too. I used all 3, at different times for different things depending on whats going on that day.
    @Carebear my PC hasnt updated or yelled at me yet so I dont know - but @Giskard was having that same problem this morning also
    Yeah, it was doing that very thing with 5.15 and I reverted back to 5.14. Then I saw an update to 5.16 and installed that. It's still doing it intermittently but not constantly like it was before. I haven't figured out why but I notice that it happens almost every time I refresh TN. If it gets too annoying just go ahead and revert to 5.14 and wait for the next update and maybe whatever the problem is will be fixed.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Giskard For This Useful Post:

Thanks everyone - I've temporarily solved the problem by muting the volume on my computer lol. I guess its an intermittent issue that will get solved Appreciate the comments so I know its not just me!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carebear For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I did a little experimenting. I can make it say hey by moving my mouse around the upper part of PC. I don't ordinarily hover or mouse around that area (I either have it as a window behind other windows or on its own monitor so I never noticed the seemingly (but not really) random "hey"s.

ETA: PC also has its own volume slider in the upper left if you want to just mute it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thebandkittie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,603 Times in 2,320 Posts

Silly question #2. I noticed there was an update to PC. And I've been putting it in its own window all on its own. But every 5 seconds its popping up with that stupid "hey" notification that says its not focussed and I need to put it in its own window. But it is in its own window. So, what am I doing wrong?
    Just today mine is doing the same thing! And it is in it's own window and not minimized.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to margaretd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,178 Times in 3,831 Posts

Thanks everyone - I've temporarily solved the problem by muting the volume on my computer lol. I guess its an intermittent issue that will get solved Appreciate the comments so I know its not just me!
    Quote Originally Posted by thebandkittie View Post
    I did a little experimenting. I can make it say hey by moving my mouse around the upper part of PC. I don't ordinarily hover or mouse around that area (I either have it as a window behind other windows or on its own monitor so I never noticed the seemingly (but not really) random "hey"s.
    The only thing that really annoys me is the pop up that I have to dismiss. As slow as today has been for me, I kind of appreciate the "Hey". If it said "Hey, wake up" that would be perfect.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Giskard For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast