We are no where close to paying our June server bill. If you can help, please do! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: 01/11/2018 Hello? Are There Any HITs Out There? Thursday

A few morning batches + surveys + Tax Engine hits = 3319 hits, $166.94

I love today! Hope all of you made some bank as well! Time for a well deserved break. Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by dee4j View Post
    This was a little better than the one where we had to mention specific movies; still, one-way-at-a-time communication is always a bit stilted.
    THIS is the still-active Recommend movie (and you have to work from a list) -- much more regimented and no fun:
    Poly Dialogue Title:Chat with other people about movies
    Description: Dialogue with other people about movies: recommend movies or ask for movie recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    The throttling on the Taxes is heinous! I can't seem to get more than 4 in my queue at once. A$$hats!
    I gave up on trying to collect them and just went ham the old fashioned way. Still had to go back and click the accept link again. The new worker site doesn't let you just hit reload when it puts up false "no more hits available" links. Can't help but think that's deliberate. Amazon continues its efforts to punish efficiency.

Amazon Mechanical Turk: There may be many crowdsourcing work platforms, but only one of them hates you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to arvy For This Useful Post:

Title: Reactions to Events(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
    Requester: Emma Levine [A324UW6F1MMALO] (Contact) (Req TV): $11.65/hr
    (TO): [Pay: 3.00] [Fair: 4.67] [Comm: 3.60] [Fast: 3.85]
    Description: Please complete this 7 minute study in which you will make decisions
    Time: 1 hour(s)
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $0.50
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [70784-70195] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

Here's a quick tip: a lot of batches will let you work on two at a time, but after that it's hard to keep grabbing them (but not impossible)

For the tax hits, try having two tabs next to each other, a hit in each one, with auto accept on both. Use nifty split + a macro that when you hit enter it holds control, hits tab, then lets go of control. That way, when you submit, it hops right over to the next fully loaded hit

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Placebo Domingo For This Useful Post:

Anyone have trouble having the notification pop up in the lower right of the screen when PC finds a HIT? I get the notification when I have to enter a captcha, but I never get notifications when I find a HIT, which makes turking nearly impossible because I'm always doing something else and never notice PC has found stuff. They used to pop up for me just fine, but a few days ago it just stopped.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by arvy View Post
    I gave up on trying to collect them and just went ham the old fashioned way. Still had to go back and click the accept link again. The new worker site doesn't let you just hit reload when it puts up false "no more hits available" links. Can't help but think that's deliberate. Amazon continues its efforts to punish efficiency.

Amazon Mechanical Turk: There may be many crowdsourcing work platforms, but only one of them hates you.
    JustKeepSwimming pointed out there is a reload button as part of the MTS suite if you read her post a little earlier It certainly helped matters!

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839