We need help getting enough package purchases to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Amazon Payments couldn't verify my identity?

Question Amazon Payments couldn't verify my identity?

I joined MTurk and I got an email saying my account is approved. I then filled out the information for Amazon Payments, but a day later I got an email saying Amazon Payments couldn't verify my identity. I am pretty sure I entered my information correctly, but who knows... there could've been a minor error somewhere.

Does anyone know how to correct this? I called Amazon Payments and they pretty much said no. They were no help in resolving the issue neither, just basically a no out of them, no help at all to correct the issue.

What can I do to fix this? I have my social security card, and I have filed taxes before. It should've verified my identity. I read online that some people were able to fax government ID, driver's licence, etc, to them to confirm their identity and get their account open. Is this true?

Your opinions? I'd like to use MTurk. How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks
    Thanked 45,320 Times in 12,536 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zxjc View Post
    I joined MTurk and I got an email saying my account is approved. I then filled out the information for Amazon Payments, but a day later I got an email saying Amazon Payments couldn't verify my identity. I am pretty sure I entered my information correctly, but who knows... there could've been a minor error somewhere.

Does anyone know how to correct this? I called Amazon Payments and they pretty much said no. They were no help in resolving the issue neither, just basically a no out of them, no help at all to correct the issue.

What can I do to fix this? I have my social security card, and I have filed taxes before. It should've verified my identity. I read online that some people were able to fax government ID, driver's licence, etc, to them to confirm their identity and get their account open. Is this true?

Your opinions? I'd like to use MTurk. How can I resolve this issue?
    You have a phone number. You must keep trying. You may have reached a person who was not very bright or up to speed. If your account has been approved, then you should eventually be okay. Amazon payments is a little on the slow side. Also, use contact us --sometimes they are very good.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carolyn For This Useful Post: