We are halfway to hitting our goal of paying the monthly server bill on May 1.
This is the second month in a row we've been short. If you can help, please do!
Click the thermometer to learn more.

Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When a HIT asks for your Worker ID, DON'T make these mistakes or you'll get rejected!!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,429 Times in 2,421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garson View Post
    I thought everybody has already been copying-pasting worker ID. The only time I have to type in worker ID is when a survey uses software that makes it difficult to copy-paste it. Thankfully, I don't have to do this so often in the past year. Unlike phone numbers or credit card/debit card numbers, the worker ID is tricky to deal with. It is easier to copy and paste it.
    Lots of novices on the site, I guess. :/
    It's all good.

Also make sure that there is no space at the beginning of your worker ID when you copy and paste it.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chrisfuccione For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 865 Posts

Or if you have MTS (mturk suite) you can just right click in any field and pick Paste Mturk worker ID, once click solution.
    I'm not the kind of man who tends to socialize. I seem to lean on old familiar ways and I ain't no fool for love songs that whisper in my ears. Still crazy after all these years.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PatrickBatman For This Useful Post:

Thank you for the tips!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOneGirlBonnie For This Useful Post:

I"ve been left clicking the copy icon then right clicking to paste ID and it's worked ok for me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PurplePeoplePleaser For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,365 Times in 3,468 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePeoplePleaser View Post
    I"ve been left clicking the copy icon then right clicking to paste ID and it's worked ok for me.
    Yes, that's what needs to be done. What you don't want to do is right click on the ID to copy.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dee4j View Post
    You cannot right-click copy or highlight and press CTL-C -- you get " COPIEDA3Rxxxxxxx"
    You have to swipe across the image and release and it says "COPIED" briefly where the ID was.
    As I said, so HELPFUL of them to change things.
    I noticed that your worker ID is visible after the word "copied" in your example. Since some requesters post searchable data, with worker IDs attached, you may want to change your worker ID to a fake one in your original post. Although unlikely, publicly revealing your worker ID could potentially have undesirable effects if it were to fall into the wrong hands.

For example, I just searched Google with your worker ID and 10 results were returned. The results likely don't have identifiable information, but it is possible. It's scary to think of the possibilities.

I do thank you for your comment, and look forward to reading more from you in the future.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,429 Times in 2,421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by liladybugz26 View Post
    I noticed that your worker ID is visible after the word "copied" in your example. Since some requesters post searchable data, with worker IDs attached, you may want to change your worker ID to a fake one in your original post. Although unlikely, publicly revealing your worker ID could potentially have undesirable effects if it were to fall into the wrong hands.

For example, I just searched Google with your worker ID and 10 results were returned. The results likely don't have identifiable information, but it is possible. It's scary to think of the possibilities.

I do thank you for your comment, and look forward to reading more from you in the future.
    Thanks for your post, I've Xed it out.
    It's all good.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

I simply have my worker ID # in a word document that I keep open all the time. When I need my ID, I copy/paste from the document. Just seems easier to me and avoids the mistakes I'm seeing when people are using the feature in mTurk.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Linda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,365 Times in 3,468 Posts

If you have mTurk Suite, you can just right click pretty much anywhere to enter it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rosie The Robot; 01-28-2018 at 05:00 PM.
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast