We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When a HIT asks for your Worker ID, DON'T make these mistakes or you'll get rejected!!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,090 Times in 2,302 Posts

Exclamation When a HIT asks for your Worker ID, DON'T make these mistakes or you'll get rejected!!

Hi all,

I'm running a survey right now, and I'm having so many problems. But what's making me the most crazy is that some of them are totally preventable. Here are some examples:

1) Typing your Worker ID instead of pasting it.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD DON'T DO THIS! So many people are clearly typing, because they put 0 (zero) instead of O (the letter) and that means their ID doesn't match the HIT they submitted and they end up with a rejection for not doing my survey. This is a headache neither of us needs, and can easily be rectified by copying and pasting the ID instead.

2) Copying only part of the Worker ID.

If you are going to copy/paste your Worker ID, DOUBLE CHECK THAT IT'S ALL THERE! Again, otherwise it doesn't match, you end up with a rejection, and we have to go through the unrejection process.

3) Pasting a space in front of your Worker ID.

From chrisfuccione: "Also make sure that there is no space at the beginning of your worker ID when you copy and paste it."

4) Pasting the word "COPIED" with your Worker ID.

My assumption is that this has something to do with a script that allows you to "easily" paste your Worker ID into HITs. At least 10% of the HITs being submitted have the format "COPIEDA29X#######". Again, this doesn't match my records, and the person is going unpaid.

HOW TO DO IT RIGHT: There is a copy icon to the right of your Worker ID on the new site. If you LEFT click that, it copies your ID for you correctly.

<--

No matter what else you do, PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK YOUR WORKER ID when you enter it into a HIT. If you don't, you could get a rejection and, if the Requester isn't willing to take time out to fix the issue, you'll be hurt.
    Last edited by spamgirl; 01-01-2018 at 02:48 PM.
    It's all good.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

NEW MTURK "helpfully" added the "COPIED" onto my MTurk ID.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dee4j For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dee4j View Post
    NEW MTURK "helpfully" added the "COPIED" onto my MTurk ID.
    WTF?? I'm glad you figured this out! I'm going to contact them.
    It's all good.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just so everyone knows, there is a little copy icon next to the Worker ID on the new site. If you click that, it copies your ID for you, minus the word COPIED.

It's all good.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

You cannot right-click copy or highlight and press CTL-C -- you get " COPIEDA3RCNWIPHVUNRZ"
    You have to swipe across the image and release and it says "COPIED" briefly where the ID was.
    As I said, so HELPFUL of them to change things.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dee4j For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dee4j View Post
    You cannot right-click copy or highlight and press CTL-C -- you get " COPIEDA3RCNWIPHVUNRZ"
    You have to swipe across the image and release and it says "COPIED" briefly where the ID was.
    As I said, so HELPFUL of them to change things.
    Yeah if you accidentally highlight the space before your Worker ID you get the word copied. If you left click that icon then it automatically copies the ID, you don't have to highlight at all.
    It's all good.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

I've found that autohotkey scripts are super helpful for this.

I made an autohotkey script that pastes my id when I type @@m

#NoEnv ;
    #SingleInstance force

:*:@@m::A1XXXXXXXXXXXX

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to quant_liz_lemon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quant_liz_lemon View Post
    I've found that autohotkey scripts are super helpful for this.

I made an autohotkey script that pastes my id when I type @@m
    Awesome, thank you for sharing this!
    It's all good.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

copiedXXXXXXXXXXX (Mod edit: worker ID removed)
    Last edited by BunnyFlavored; 12-24-2017 at 05:27 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to taraxlynns For This Useful Post:

1) Typing your Worker ID instead of pasting it.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD DON'T DO THIS! So many people are clearly typing, because they put 0 (zero) instead of O (the letter) and that means their ID doesn't match the HIT they submitted and they end up with a rejection for not doing my survey. This is a headache neither of us needs, and can easily be rectified by copying and pasting the ID instead.
    I thought everybody has already been copying-pasting worker ID. The only time I have to type in worker ID is when a survey uses software that makes it difficult to copy-paste it. Thankfully, I don't have to do this so often in the past year. Unlike phone numbers or credit card/debit card numbers, the worker ID is tricky to deal with. It is easier to copy and paste it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast