We need help getting enough package purchases to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: requester stealing money from workers. What to do?

requester stealing money from workers. What to do?

Hello, I am doing hits for Voxpopme. Transcribe this. They have rejected many hits. They refuse to give an explanation. Just a vague it i snot to our standards. But my transcriptions are very good. High quality. They refuse to give any information on how they check it and even who is checking it.
    They rejected very big hits I have done for them. I worked several times and just got rejected.

They sign any response if they give it at all, anonymously.
    Most of the time they do not react to any question I have sent

On Turkopticon they have a very bad rating for communication. and many people have complained about their very bad behavior. Disrespectful. And even illegal just rejecting hits that are for sure 99.9% good and then robbing all the money. It is theft.

Voxpopme is a company with a website. And I have checked and see they are a team of people. With their names on the site. So why would they hid e their names. Why do they refuse to give me even a first name. So I can refer to the person and talk to the person about rejected hits. I work an hour for a hit and it gets just rejected, no explanation. And they just steal all the money. What can I do? Do you know this company?

Do you know about their behavior?

What is the best action to take?

How do I get the money they stole from me?

Do you have experience with them?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,557 Times in 3,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pauljohax View Post
    Hello, I am doing hits for Voxpopme. Transcribe this. They have rejected many hits. They refuse to give an explanation. Just a vague it i snot to our standards. But my transcriptions are very good. High quality. They refuse to give any information on how they check it and even who is checking it.
    They rejected very big hits I have done for them. I worked several times and just got rejected.

They sign any response if they give it at all, anonymously.
    Most of the time they do not react to any question I have sent

On Turkopticon they have a very bad rating for communication. and many people have complained about their very bad behavior. Disrespectful. And even illegal just rejecting hits that are for sure 99.9% good and then robbing all the money. It is theft.

Voxpopme is a company with a website. And I have checked and see they are a team of people. With their names on the site. So why would they hid e their names. Why do they refuse to give me even a first name. So I can refer to the person and talk to the person about rejected hits. I work an hour for a hit and it gets just rejected, no explanation. And they just steal all the money. What can I do? Do you know this company?

Do you know about their behavior?

What is the best action to take?

How do I get the money they stole from me?

Do you have experience with them?
    I'm sorry, there is not much you can do. You can warn people by leaving a bad review on Turk Opticon, but it sounds like they already have a bad rep. MTurk has told many that we are on our own in these situations.

Since you have their website and names, I guess you could sue them, but I doubt it's worth the trouble. If they have Facebook and/or Twitter, you could take your complaints public by tagging them. You could also for a complaint with the BBB. Again, I doubt it's worth the trouble. Amazon tells the requesters that they do not have to pay the workers unless they are completely satisfied. They can reject for any reason, that is exactly why we have TO.
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 45,264 Times in 12,526 Posts

Rosie is right. There is not much you can do. If you have not done so, post a bad review on Opticon. If this requester is mass rejecting, it may be the case he will overturn if all of the Opticon ratings are in red. Try writing requester again and send him a copy of his opticon ratings.

Meanwhile, don't do any more hits for this requester ---obvious.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to carolyn For This Useful Post: