We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Extending a Batch project?

Extending a Batch project?

Hi - I recently ran a batch survey of 600 responses. All surveys have been filled out. I'd like to increase the # of potential responses to 1,000. Is it possible to do that on the same batch project without having to set up a new project? If I have to set up a new Batch that's fine, but is there a way to ensure only new workers fill out the rest of the 400 surveys?

Sent Amazon requester support 3 questions on this and getting no love

Thanks in advance for any input!

Brett

Thanks
    Thanked 7,337 Times in 2,375 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bwallace View Post
    Hi - I recently ran a batch survey of 600 responses. All surveys have been filled out. I'd like to increase the # of potential responses to 1,000. Is it possible to do that on the same batch project without having to set up a new project? If I have to set up a new Batch that's fine, but is there a way to ensure only new workers fill out the rest of the 400 surveys?

Sent Amazon requester support 3 questions on this and getting no love

Thanks in advance for any input!

Brett
    You would have to grant qualifications to the 600 who have completed the HIT, then publish more HITs which say "(the name of your qualification) has NOT been granted". That will stop them from retaking it. Granting 600 qualifications will take a long time in the GUI, but is quick through the API. If you need help with it, you can shoot me a private message and I can talk more about it.

Hope you're not p-hacking.
    Last edited by spamgirl; 12-21-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    It's all good.

Thanks so much - this was helpful! Also, never heard that term before, p-hacking (that's a whole thing I need to read more into).

I was wondering the same thing... I no longer see the option to "add more assignments" to a current batch. Was this removed or moved somewhere?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jp1107 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing... I no longer see the option to "add more assignments" to a current batch. Was this removed or moved somewhere?
    Good question! I just emailed to ask, will post when I hear.
    It's all good.

Thanks

So, you have to use a special tool to do it now. :/ I'll PM you.
    Last edited by spamgirl; 12-21-2017 at 12:59 AM.
    It's all good.

Thumbs up extending a batch

Quote Originally Posted by spamgirl View Post
    So, you have to use a special tool to do it now. :/ I'll PM you.
    dear spamgirl

Could you please let me know about this special tool, I also appreciate if you let me know about this "Granting 600 surveys will take a long time in the GUI, but is quick through the API."

Thank you so much

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mturk20 View Post
    dear spamgirl

Could you please let me know about this special tool, I also appreciate if you let me know about this "Granting 600 surveys will take a long time in the GUI, but is quick through the API."

Thank you so much
    I've PMed you about the tool. What you quoted has a typo, it should be "Granting 600 qualifications". But if you're interested, you can use the CLT. First, follow the instructions here to get it set up. Then you can use this spreadsheet in order to qualify people. Just download the spreadsheet to your computer and paste in all the Worker IDs (column A), the qualification ID (column B), and then paste the content of column C into your cmd.exe. I'd test one row first (C2), then if it works, you can copy and paste the rest en masse.
    It's all good.