We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Requester just now learning about these forums

Requester
    Thanks

Requester just now learning about these forums

Hi, I work for a company that started to use Turk for certain tasks this year and we're slowly coming around to the fact that these forums are active and useful to the Turk community. My company's gotten some flack for setting prices that are too low for the work that we've tasked out, and I was wondering about the nature of work that you guys most prefer, or what's the kind of HIT that you folks hate the least. We're looking to up our use of Turk in the future and want to get ahead of the curve by reaching out to Turkers now rather than later.

So far we've had Turkers do some custom Google searching, transcribe images, and manipulate photos for us, with varying degrees of success. I'd say the transcriptions are the easiest for people, and the photo manipulation is the most arduous. We're looking to do something that randomizes pairs and asks Turkers to tell us if this pair makes sense or doesn't make sense; a simple binary task. What do you guys think?

Welcome to Turker Nation! I'm sure people here will chime in with thoughts and suggestions. Email spamgirl to get requester access!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to librarian50 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,565 Times in 2,844 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crowd-fg View Post
    Hi, I work for a company that started to use Turk for certain tasks this year and we're slowly coming around to the fact that these forums are active and useful to the Turk community. My company's gotten some flack for setting prices that are too low for the work that we've tasked out, and I was wondering about the nature of work that you guys most prefer, or what's the kind of HIT that you folks hate the least. We're looking to up our use of Turk in the future and want to get ahead of the curve by reaching out to Turkers now rather than later.

So far we've had Turkers do some custom Google searching, transcribe images, and manipulate photos for us, with varying degrees of success. I'd say the transcriptions are the easiest for people, and the photo manipulation is the most arduous. We're looking to do something that randomizes pairs and asks Turkers to tell us if this pair makes sense or doesn't make sense; a simple binary task. What do you guys think?
    Welcome to Turker Nation! Different people like different kinds of tasks, but we all like fair pay. The task you describe sounds like something I might like, providing it comes with clear instructions and examples so I don't agonize over my decisions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,211 Times in 11,257 Posts

Hi, welcome to our forum. As Rosie said, different people like different tasks. Some people will do every task they can do if the pay is fair. Some of the very best requesters post their new hits on our Daily Hit thread (you can do that once a day as a requester) and then stay around on the thread to get immediate feedback on quality of instructions and pay. Turkers can ask you questions and say what they want about the pay. Once you get the specific task going successfully, you don't need to hang around any more.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carolyn For This Useful Post: