We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: 2 quick questions on launching MTurk surveys

Question 2 quick questions on launching MTurk surveys

I am about to launch a new survey. What is an appropriate amount per HIT for a 20 question survey that will take 5-10 minutes? I prefer to price above the average and I was thinking 20 cents per survey - since that equates to $10 per hour. There are no qualifications on the survey.

Also, what's the best way to include a verification code for a surveey link to Survey Monkey? I believe the best practice is to include a textbox for workers to include their worker ID in the HIT and in the actual survey (at the end), then I can match those to the responses on MTurk.

Thank you for the advice!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,969 Times in 2,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bwallace View Post
    I am about to launch a new survey. What is an appropriate amount per HIT for a 20 question survey that will take 5-10 minutes? I prefer to price above the average and I was thinking 20 cents per survey - since that equates to $10 per hour. There are no qualifications on the survey.

Also, what's the best way to include a verification code for a surveey link to Survey Monkey? I believe the best practice is to include a textbox for workers to include their worker ID in the HIT and in the actual survey (at the end), then I can match those to the responses on MTurk.

Thank you for the advice!!!
    I just posted a 10 minute survey, n=1400, today for $2.50. I value my participants' time and contribution to my own career goals, so the least I can do is pay $15/hour. 20 cents for 10 minutes is $1.20/hour, NOT $10. I hope you made a typo.

As to verification codes, I just have them enter their Worker ID on both the survey and the HIT, then I remove it from the survey once they've been approved so their submission remains confidential.
    Last edited by spamgirl; 12-06-2017 at 12:48 AM.
    It's all good.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks so much - I am going to use your rates at $15.00 per hour. Yes, I meant to ask if $10 per hour was fair enough and the math I shared was incorrect.