We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Concerning new "worker" site and Scraping Question

Concerning new "worker" site and Scraping Question

Like much of everyone else, I'm trying to get my head wrapped around all of the new site's challenges. I typically do surveys.

My current strategy:

First Tab I run MTurk with:
    Pending Earnings
    mmmTurkeyBacon Today's Projected Earnings
    Panda Crazy Helper

Second Tab: Hit Scraper

Third Tab: Panda Crazy

Fourth Tab: Email (irrelevant to this topic...but hey, I like to be thorough)

The Problem: I've been poking around the new site for a few days as time permitted and have most of my issues worked out except for one big one....It is my understanding that Hit Scraper won't be usable on the new site. Okay, so I've been advised to transfer to using Hit Finder. So, I did. But, unless I'm missing something, there's one key component that really mucks things up for me. As far as I can tell, Hit Finder does just about everything the same as Hit Scraper did, but lacks a "Search Terms" field that would enable me to just be Scraping for "surveys". If I have to just search without this component, I'm going to have to visually comb through many more hits as they continuously pop up that aren't "surveys", which will slow me down very significantly.

Do I just not know what I'm doing with Hit Finder? Do I need something else instead?

J

Thanks
    Thanked 8,010 Times in 3,035 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman4737 View Post
    Like much of everyone else, I'm trying to get my head wrapped around all of the new site's challenges. I typically do surveys.

My current strategy:

First Tab I run MTurk with:
    Pending Earnings
    mmmTurkeyBacon Today's Projected Earnings
    Panda Crazy Helper

Second Tab: Hit Scraper

Third Tab: Panda Crazy

Fourth Tab: Email (irrelevant to this topic...but hey, I like to be thorough)

The Problem: I've been poking around the new site for a few days as time permitted and have most of my issues worked out except for one big one....It is my understanding that Hit Scraper won't be usable on the new site. Okay, so I've been advised to transfer to using Hit Finder. So, I did. But, unless I'm missing something, there's one key component that really mucks things up for me. As far as I can tell, Hit Finder does just about everything the same as Hit Scraper did, but lacks a "Search Terms" field that would enable me to just be Scraping for "surveys". If I have to just search without this component, I'm going to have to visually comb through many more hits as they continuously pop up that aren't "surveys", which will slow me down very significantly.

Do I just not know what I'm doing with Hit Finder? Do I need something else instead?

J
    I believe you can use the script, Overwatch, for that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

On your advice, I went and took a look at that. It'll get results down to a specific pattern "surveys" like you said, but it won't allow for inclusion/exclusion based on payout. Guess I missed that on my list of what I'm looking for. So:

I'm looking for a scraper that works with "worker" site; one that can search by terms "surveys", and one that can also restrict the results to those above a certain payout...">.50" for example. Preferably one that's more "Hit Scraper Like" and less "Turkmaster Like" in design.

Thanks

On your advice, I went and took a look at that. It'll get results down to a specific pattern "surveys" like you said, but it won't allow for inclusion/exclusion based on payout. Guess I missed that on my list of what I'm looking for. So:

I'm looking for a scraper that works with "worker" site; one that can search by terms "surveys", and one that can also restrict the results to those above a certain payout...">.50" for example. Preferably one that's more "Hit Scraper Like" and less "Turkmaster Like" in design.
    Panda Crazy will do that, but it will automatically accept them all. So, yeah, I don't know.

If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

For anyone that may be in the same boat that I am with this. At this time, as far as I know, there is nothing that can do exactly what we need on the new site (scrape by term...sort/exclude by payout) I have been told that Hit Scraper would be updated. I have not specifically been told that it will be updated in time for the forced switch over...Friday! Neither have I been told that it wouldn't be.

If it is not ready (which I'm praying that it is), the closest I can tell you to get you there is to install a page reloader (I'd be using ChromeReloadPlus), go to the main hits page of the new site, set up a search for "survey" with whatever filter you want (available from the site page) and have it reload every 5 seconds.

This is at best a crutch. It won't alert you when new hits get posted. You'll have to right click and open hits in a new tab(or else you'll have to reset your reloading page's search parameters every time you click a new hit and want to go back for more).

I'm deeply worried about this, it's going to reduce my pay by half as best as I can tell.

Please...somebody update Hit Scraper before it's too late.

Thanks

It seems to have been updated for the new site.

It's a Christmas Miracle

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fisherman4737 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's a Christmas Miracle
    Amen!

Thanks

I hear Hitscraper has been updated. Here's the link in case it's different: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/10...er-with-export