We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: What to do about a Requester that wont't approve/reject a task?

Thanks

What to do about a Requester that wont't approve/reject a task?

I have 3 requesters that for which I have completed work. It has been just shy of 2 months since said work was completed. I have sent messages to these requesters with no response.

Other than a bad Turkopticon review, how might I register a complaint to Amazon itself? Alternatively, is there another option?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,600 Times in 864 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bogdwell View Post
    I have 3 requesters that for which I have completed work. It has been just shy of 2 months since said work was completed. I have sent messages to these requesters with no response.

Other than a bad Turkopticon review, how might I register a complaint to Amazon itself? Alternatively, is there another option?
    Unless you receive a rejection, the maximum wait is 30 days.

Every HIT has an AutoApprovalDelayInSeconds, an amount of time after an assignment is submitted at which point Amazon Mechanical Turk will automatically approve the assignment and pay the Worker if it has not already been explicitly approved or rejected. If not specified in the call to CreateHIT, this is set to the maximum, equivalent to 30 days. The maximum value assures that the Worker will get paid even if the Requester is unavailable. You may wish to specify a shorter auto-approval delay if the Workers are trusted (such as by having been vetted with Qualification requirements) and to assure Workers that they will be paid in a timely manner
    How do you know the HITs haven't been approved or rejected? Mturk only lets you review submitted HITs for a period of 45 days using the dashboard. Are you using a database script?

An example of a permanently pending database error - http://turkernation.com/showthread.p...l=1#post613029

How to get rid of the error - http://turkernation.com/showthread.p...l=1#post613034