Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Frustration Station (how do i get more qualifications??)!

Frustration Station (how do i get more qualifications??)!

i'm just venting! no one seems to be approving my qualification requests. i've requested 5 of them over the last 3 weeks and all are still pending. i even took a test to become a "Bronze worker" for .01 hits and...nothing. today i requested 2 more...we will see. i have 1,179 approved hits so far (i joined mturk i believe october 2nd? or maybe october 4th of this year), and only 1 rejection (which i could have appealed but at the time wasn't certain on how to go about doing it since i was really new when i got it).

it seems as if over the weekend i was suddenly locked out of a pretty large amount of HITS (because i have no needed qualifications to do them) and it's like i can't get any either. i have 34 qualifications currently so far and pretty much right now, they all seem USELESS because they aren't getting me any of the HITS that i want. and none of them i requested (how does that work?) i don't usually complain about the pay, but all of the hits i do, i'd like to be worth the pay or at least easy enough so i don't mind doing many of them to build up a decent pay. no, i am not typing in 500 rows of info for .01, but i will type in 10 rows for .01, if all are easy to type in, directions are clear and easy to follow, etc.

anyway, i've only made $5 over the last 4 days and now i'm upset about it because the HITS that i'm GREAT at aren't being posted much right now, and the ones that i WOULD be great at i don't qualify for (despite requesting multiple quals), and the rest either pay really poorly, or i am not a good fit for them (i.e i have trouble following the directions due to my own limitations or am not a good writer, etc.) .

so, just venting.

will my qualifications automatically go up even if i just do the HITS i am qualified for (which honestly aren't much of a variety at this time)? i thought i had to always actively search out new qualifications? also, i am filling out my profile also...will this go a long way in helping me qualify for more hits? i'm still really new to mturk overall so maybe i'm missing out on a ton of things that could help improve my experience (i'm reading and learning here and other places as much as i can to change that, but i guess i'm growing impatient now lol).

thanks for listening to me screech today.

signed,

a broke-because-i-don't-have-many-HITS-to-do-without-feeling-like-i'm-working-for-pretty-much-free-at-this-time turker bee.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,166 Times in 2,704 Posts

As you might have guessed, blindly requesting quals rarely works. Unless they give you a test or are automaticly granted, they do nothing. Instead, join us in the Daily HITs thread. We share what quals to request and when qual hits post.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,166 Times in 2,704 Posts

Bronze worker? Was that copytext?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!