Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tl;dr You have until December 15th to upgrade your scripts to the new site as the old one will stop working then

Thanks
    Thanked 6,861 Times in 2,214 Posts

Exclamation tl;dr You have until December 15th to upgrade your scripts to the new site as the old one will stop working then

MTurk’s new Worker site now includes an improved Dashboard, and will soon include the ability to browse all HITs and request Qualifications. This new website will become the standard experience for all Workers who register on or after November 1, 2017, and for all MTurk Workers starting December 15, 2017.
    We’d like to first give thanks to our Worker customers and the tremendous feedback that they have shared with us regarding the new MTurk Worker site. Nearly 1,000 Workers have taken the time to communicate their experiences and perspectives. We’re grateful for their positive reactions and constructive feedback. Workers tell us they love the new look-and-feel and functionality, and have shared great ideas for even more improvements they’d like to see in the future.
    For instance, Workers asked us to make it easier to locate and retrieve their Worker ID. To address this feedback, we made the Worker ID permanently available on every page in the top navigation bar. With one simple click, Workers can copy their Worker ID to their clipboard to conveniently access and use it when working on HITs. Workers using “Your HITs Queue” wanted an easier way to quickly work through all the HITs in their Queue. So we changed the site flow to automatically load the next HIT in the Queue after a HIT was completed. Workers also told us they need a better way to find the status of their earnings and submitted work. To address this, we are excited to announce a newly redesigned Worker Dashboard & Status page on the new Worker site.
    The new Worker Dashboard takes better advantage of your browser’s space to arrange your HITs and earnings information by what is most important to you. You can see your daily HITs activity, earnings available to transfer and historical HIT statistics easily at a glance.

The new Worker Dashboard available at https://worker.mturk.com/dashboard
    New features on the new Worker site, such as the new Worker Dashboard, continue to build upon the new site’s principles of simplicity and suitability for mobile devices.

Workers also asked for the ability to browse all HITs, even those they aren’t yet Qualified to work on. This allows Workers to see the full catalog of eligible HITs in MTurk, and to request Qualifications from Requesters for those that the Worker may not yet be qualified to work on. We plan to introduce this improvement next month to help Workers find even more great HITs to work on.
    Here are some direct quotes we’ve received from Workers about the new Worker site so far:
    “I love the new layout. It’s easier and cleaner to read.”
    “I just wanted to say I really like the new site. It works perfectly on my mobile and makes finding hits very easy. Thanks!”
    “I LOVE having my worker ID at the top of the page. On the old site, I always had to have two tabs of [MTurk] open. One for the HIT I’m working on, and the other to access my ID. Now I won’t have to do that anymore! Thank you!”
    “I like [the] new website, please make it default for me.”
    Today we’re announcing that the new Worker site will become the standard experience for all MTurk Workers who register on or after November 1, 2017. This means that new Workers who sign up for MTurk will not need to switch between two separate MTurk experiences as they work. Instead, they will be able to search, browse, accept, and submit HITs all on the new Worker site. And with the introduction of the new Worker Dashboard, they will also be able to track submitted HITs, view earnings, and request disbursements on the new Worker site. The new Worker site will become the standard experience for all MTurk Workers starting December 15, 2017. We’re excited to continue improving the new Worker site to help build an even better MTurk for Worker customers everywhere.
    Workers are encouraged to continue sharing feedback to help us improve your Worker experience. We look forward to more of your thoughtful, passionate, and helpful input.
    It's all good.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 7,167 Times in 2,705 Posts

Thank you. I didn't see anything there about being able to search our quals. I wonder if I need to submit that to them again.
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Are the scripts for the new dash board listed on the site?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 24,071 Times in 7,777 Posts

That sounds like an awful lot of the developers patting themselves on the back. It's a shame we'll be forced to switch right before the holidays. Any interruption of what we're used to is a bit stressful.

Thanks for sharing the information!
    "N/A" showing on TN for TO could be due to TO issues. Requesters may not be new and may have negative TO! To be careful, click through to the TurkOpticon site when no TO shows.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mills For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,861 Times in 2,214 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie The Robot View Post
    Thank you. I didn't see anything there about being able to search our quals. I wonder if I need to submit that to them again.
    It's coming later, hopefully before the switch but likely not.

Quote Originally Posted by sasieworker View Post
    Are the scripts for the new dash board listed on the site?

Thanks
    Not specifically. I hope someone can make a list, if so we can highlight it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mills View Post
    That sounds like an awful lot of the developers patting themselves on the back. It's a shame we'll be forced to switch right before the holidays. Any interruption of what we're used to is a bit stressful.

Thanks for sharing the information!
    Totally agreed
    It's all good.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,410 Times in 20,553 Posts

@spamgirl can we sticky this thread. I think the scripts that are being updated are being added as they do them over here.
    http://turkernation.com/showthread.p...475#post601475

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 803 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spamgirl View Post
    We’d like to first give thanks to our Worker customers and the tremendous feedback that they have shared with us regarding the new MTurk Worker site. Nearly 1,000 Workers have taken the time to communicate their experiences and perspectives.

Here are some direct quotes we’ve received from Workers about the new Worker site so far:

“I love the new layout. It’s easier and cleaner to read.”
    “I just wanted to say I really like the new site. It works perfectly on my mobile and makes finding hits very easy. Thanks!”
    “I LOVE having my worker ID at the top of the page. On the old site, I always had to have two tabs of [MTurk] open. One for the HIT I’m working on, and the other to access my ID. Now I won’t have to do that anymore! Thank you!”
    “I like [the] new website, please make it default for me.”
    Why am I feeling so underwhelmed by these reviews? Out of nearly 1,000 workers who have provided feedback these quotes are considered the highlights?

Dear worker.mturk.com,

If you put lipstick on a pig and then try to sell it to me - it had better be a luxury cosmetic brand.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bromeliad For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

What about turk Opticon im guessing itll still work with hitscraper but not if you use it binded into amazons hit search? is that right?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PatrickBatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,167 Times in 2,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickBatman View Post
    What about turk Opticon im guessing itll still work with hitscraper but not if you use it binded into amazons hit search? is that right?
    It's working in the new site, both the one available from their site as well as mTurk suite.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

I figured this out moments later after checking TO's front page (which I havent looked at it since i first started using it because i bookmark straight to reviews)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PatrickBatman For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast