Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Turker Fantasy Sport league?

Turker Fantasy Sport league?

Random question while it is a little slow. I was going to put this in the off topic section, but it does not look like anyone reads it.

Does anyone here play any fantasy sports NFL, NBA, ...? Thought it might be fun to have a few turkernation leagues. I play free and on the pay sites and most of the time on game days I make more doing that than I do turking.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turkingforareason For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 18,911 Times in 4,813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by turkingforareason View Post
    Random question while it is a little slow. I was going to put this in the off topic section, but it does not look like anyone reads it.

Does anyone here play any fantasy sports NFL, NBA, ...? Thought it might be fun to have a few turkernation leagues. I play free and on the pay sites and most of the time on game days I make more doing that than I do turking.

I do nfl on nfl.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Title: Participate in an academic study and receive $1.50 | PANDA
    Requester: OBStudies [A1ILRSTAHO3R66] (Contact)
    (TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 0.00]
    Description: Participate in a task that will take around 15 mins to complete (we allow the HIT to take longer so you have ample time).
    Time: 45 minutes
    HITs Available: 34
    Reward: $1.50
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 96; Location is US;
    The reason I'm here.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Danykia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,346 Times in 20,521 Posts

Not doing anything football anymore, but you're right...I tried posting an off topic thread yesterday http://turkernation.com/showthread.php?31316-Neevo and no one has even looked at it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tscreener For This Useful Post:

I thought about starting a topic and putting my tips and tricks in it. I am a math/science type of person and approached fantasy sports that way. I wrote two computer programs to help me out in daily fantasy..Fanduel etc. One program takes the vegas spread and perfect lineups from every week in the past two years and finds patters. This gives me a list of teams and positions that should have a good week. Then the other program can output every possible lineup that can be made with any players I select. As you can imagine this is a massive amount of data and it takes a big computer to run, but it is worth it because I have won money every week so far.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to turkingforareason For This Useful Post:

Well looks like this in not going to happen. I was going to see if people were interested in the main thread and then move it once people saw it, but it will never be seen here. Aggravating that people can talk about random stuff on the main thread I can't get a conversation started and then move it. Though it might help the community some but

10. The Following User Says Thank You to turkingforareason For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,346 Times in 20,521 Posts

Well looks like this in not going to happen. I was going to see if people were interested in the main thread and then move it once people saw it, but it will never be seen here. Aggravating that people can talk about random stuff on the main thread I can't get a conversation started and then move it. Though it might help the community some but
    Give em a little more time...you'll get some response as the day goes on. Don't give up yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,449 Times in 4,078 Posts

I must say I am guilty of not exploring these other parts of the forum, so I would not find anything unless a comment was made in the daily thread to direct me to other areas. I don't do fantasy sports, but I may get into it one of these days.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to louwho For This Useful Post:

Just re read this post and it sounds a little bad. I do not want anyone to think that I mind the usual talk on the main thread. I actually think it helps bring the community together. I was just a little salty that this topic was moved so quick.