We typically are NOT getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. We need your help! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: What are Qualifications?

Thanks

Unhappy What are Qualifications?

I do not get the qualifications in mTurk. There are like 10's of thousands of qualifications I can "apply" or "test" for. But what do they do?. Also there is a "Master qualification". confused

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bogdwell For This Useful Post:

The Master qual is from Amazon itself and we really don't know how they are given out or how to get it. They are granted , maybe, a few times a year.

Other qualifications are from requesters and some of those thousands are from requesters that no longer post work, or that requesters no longer give out.

For the newest ones, it helps to watch the Daily HITs thread because when people see a HIT for a new qualification they post it there. Sometimes a requester will put a qual right on the HIT and all you have to do to ask for it at that time and it is granted right away so you can do a HIT. Sometimes there is a test, sometimes not. Some quals are ones that requesters give AFTER you have done a HIT so that you don't do the HIT again.

Qualifications are, in general, a good thing to get when you can.

Hope that helps and didn't make you more confused

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to librarian50 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Still confused, but then again, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.