We typically are NOT getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. We need your help! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: How to get more workers to participate in my HIT

How to get more workers to participate in my HIT

Hi,

I am new to MTurk as well as to this forum. I recently published a HIT (A short 3-Wave survey about your relationship with your work and your work environment). The compensation is $0.75 (Wave 1), $1.50 (Wave 2, about 1 week after Wave 1), & $3.00 (Wave 3, about 1 week after Wave 2), or $5.25 for participating in all 3 waves. The total time required for all 3 waves is under 20 minutes.

I still need about 120 participants to complete Wave 1. Do you have any suggestions on how I could draw the attention of more Workers to complete Wave 1?

Thank you and best wishes,
    Anir

Thanks
    Thanked 6,633 Times in 2,151 Posts

What is your Requester ID? It's easier if I can see the HIT you're talking about.
    It's all good.

Thank you for your response. My Requester ID is A2PL89SLMNJFO1.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,633 Times in 2,151 Posts

When I search for your HITs, I see nothing. Did you set your HITs to "hidden" to anyone who doesn't have the right qualifications?

Edited to add: Yup! "Your Qualifications do not meet the requirements to preview HITs in this group. You can browse HITs available to you to view HITs you are qualified to complete."

The problem is that you're using Masters. Masters is a lie - it's not the best workers, nor are they even necessarily ACTIVE workers. It's hardly ever handed out (for example, only once in the last 18 months or so was it given to new workers), and there is no testing process to receive it. People who have been suspended for bad work got Masters AFTER their suspension! My recommendation is to change it from Masters to 98% approved/10,000 HITs completed. You'll end up with BETTER quality results (in my experience) and it'll get done more quickly.
    It's all good.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

I just wanted to second what @spamgirl said. I have completed over 42,000 hits, have a 100% approval rating (only 14 rejections), and have been Turking since 2011, and I still don't have Masters. I've heard of people that got it with only 15,000 hits approved and a lower approval rating than I have, so I have no clue why some get it and others don't.

If you change your hit to include non-Masters, I would be happy to work on your hit.
    Once upon a timey wimey....We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?

Thank you so much Spamgirl and Rosemary for the advice on Masters. This is my first HIT and I was not aware of what you mention. Now, I have published another batch with the qualification requirement being equal to or greater than 98% approval. Thank you again. I really appreciate your help.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akar@uvic.ca For This Useful Post: