Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: "There are no hits available to you at the moment" Notification- Frustrating...anyway to filter out???

"There are no hits available to you at the moment" Notification- Frustrating...anyway to filter out???

Hello All-
    I've been doing MTurk for years sporadically and I have recently noticed an uptick in the following message after clicking on a promising HIT:

"There are no hits available to you at the moment"

I understand that sometimes hits fill up quickly, but this occurs on about 30-40% of the hits I click to take...often times the most attractive ones. It's pretty frustrating. I was wondering if there was anyway to filter these out or why they show up as available HITS in the first place since I always check the box for HITS that I am qualified for.

I was just wondering if this is a common problem with an easy solution or if it is something that I just have to deal with.

Thanks for any feedback/suggestions!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to esg970 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,119 Times in 2,680 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esg970 View Post
    Hello All-
    I've been doing MTurk for years sporadically and I have recently noticed an uptick in the following message after clicking on a promising HIT:

"There are no hits available to you at the moment"

I understand that sometimes hits fill up quickly, but this occurs on about 30-40% of the hits I click to take...often times the most attractive ones. It's pretty frustrating. I was wondering if there was anyway to filter these out or why they show up as available HITS in the first place since I always check the box for HITS that I am qualified for.

I was just wondering if this is a common problem with an easy solution or if it is something that I just have to deal with.

Thanks for any feedback/suggestions!
    Yes, it's very common. It means that all the available HITs are already in workers' queues. You need to use scripts increase your chances of getting HITs. Are you using any scripts?

Sent by means of Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Hey...Thanks Rosie-

I figured it was something along those lines....just wish they could either take them down or show them as unavailable.

I just got into using scripts a few weeks ago...still trying to figure them out but can definitely see they are useful. I'm using Turkmaster, Turkopticon and MTurk Hit Database. I need to explore some more...will check out the thread on here.

Thanks again!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to esg970 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by esg970 View Post
    Hey...Thanks Rosie-

I figured it was something along those lines....just wish they could either take them down or show them as unavailable.

I just got into using scripts a few weeks ago...still trying to figure them out but can definitely see they are useful. I'm using Turkmaster, Turkopticon and MTurk Hit Database. I need to explore some more...will check out the thread on here.

Thanks again!
    Great! When it says no HITs available, click on, "watch this HIT"to add the PandA. It usually does go away once there are none left. The reason it was there was that there were HITs. However, you didn't click fast enough to catch one.

Sent by means of Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Oh, I forgot to mention that you should join in the Daily HITs thread. You will find a lot of information there, as well as tips and tricks. Everyone is so kind and helpful, you can ask all your questions there.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post: