Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: download turkopticon toolbar

Thanks

Unhappy download turkopticon toolbar

I have tried many times to download the turkopticon toolbar as suggested. I use Foxfire. It asks me if it's ok to download and I say ok. It acts like it is going to do a restart, but it doesn't. What am I doing wrong. If I'm safter having this software downloaded to my computer I want it so I don't get scammed. I'm not a techie and don't know where I'm going wrong. Any advice??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CherylM811 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,124 Times in 2,683 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CherylM811 View Post
    I have tried many times to download the turkopticon toolbar as suggested. I use Foxfire. It asks me if it's ok to download and I say ok. It acts like it is going to do a restart, but it doesn't. What am I doing wrong. If I'm safter having this software downloaded to my computer I want it so I don't get scammed. I'm not a techie and don't know where I'm going wrong. Any advice??
    I recommend you get tampermonkey or greasemonkey and then install a turk opticon script. @Bear explains it better.

Sent by means of Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 101,231 Times in 30,364 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CherylM811 View Post
    To install any scripts, you need Tampermonkey for Chrome, or Greasemonkey for Firefox.

Then Install Turkopticon.

Turkmaster is also a must have (IMO) so you can panda hits you may have missed. You mainly use TM to run pandas (PreviewANDAccept). When you click on a hit and it says there are no more in this group, you will see a little icon that says Watch this hit. Click on that and a popup will come up. Add the hit title, the time (how often it will refresh and look for the hit, I usually use 4 seconds). Check the alert box so you know when you get it. Click save and it will be added to the bottom of your list in Turkmaster in your Mturk dashboard.

Since you haven't been at it long, I also recommend Hit Database MK.II. It will add some good features to your dashboard and also keep a record of hits you have done past 45 days.

If you would like to post hits in the Daily mTurk HIT Thread, you can use MTurk Great HIT Export. After you install it, refresh the mturk search page or click on hits available to you. You will see a little box with VB inside of it beside the hit title. Click on that, copy the info in the popup and paste that into your post there.

Hit Scraper is also a great script to use. You can grab hits, or try, as soon as they are posted on Mturk. After you install it, you need to use this link to start it.

Here are the settings I use to help you get started.

Good luck! and welcome to the forum!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bear For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Rosie: Thanks for your reply. Appreciate your help.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CherylM811 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Bear: Thanks for your reply. Now I need to follow your advice. I will ask you one more thing. When I first clicked on "this link" I was forwarded to https://www.amazon.com/ap/signin?openid etc, etc.
    Now when I click on "this link" I am forwarded to an mturk site. Will you please repost the "this link"? Thank you for all this great info.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,124 Times in 2,683 Posts

That link will not work until you have installed the HitScraper script.

Sent by means of Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!