Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Expired HIT problems...

Expired HIT problems...

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie here and on Mturk. I'm not sure if this is where I should post this but I just feel like I need to vent. I'm frustrated with this HIT I accepted days ago (maybe a week? Can't remember) that gave me 15 minutes to complete a survey. Well, I ran out of time and it expired. I was less than 5 minutes late but that's irrelevant. I don't like to be rushed and try to do my best to submit quality work. I completed the survey but I couldn't submit my completion code so I sent this requester a message.... Still no response. Not looking like I will ever get one either. I saved my code and still have it but it looks like it's all for naught. It was only $2.00 but now I feel scammed like I did work for free or something. I don't want to do another HIT for this requester again but I can't even remember their name since I can't see my sent messages and can't see my expired HITs. All I remember was that is was for the University of Manitoba.
    Anyway, that's all for now. Thanks for letting me vent and I'm sure a lot of you can relate!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,124 Times in 2,683 Posts

It's a huge frustration. I've done that many times. Some reply and set up a dummy HIT to pay me, but many don't.

Most Turkers submit with a note explaining that they will send the code later. Few reject, but it is a risk. I am not a risk taker, so I don't do that. You have to decide if you'd rather risk rejection or non payment. You also might want to avoid HITs with short timers.

Sent by means of Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

Yes, I will definitely be more careful next time. I was keeping up with the timer as I was doing the survey and then I saw it getting close to the end and I kind of started to panic as the questions kept coming. I thought maybe I could finish it just in time... Nope.

Hopefully,they will at least allow for more time for people to do their surveys in the future since I brought it to their attention in that email. Assuming that they saw it, that is.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Amaranth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,124 Times in 2,683 Posts

Hopefully. I've had them contact me after a very kind time. It could still happen.

Sent by means of Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!