We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: 7/10/2017 - Cooling Off Monday

Thanks
    Thanked 11,340 Times in 4,300 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcaruthers View Post
    I keep seeing you guys post about Pins...what are those?
    Requester is Pinterest. There's various types (just note that the ones up right now are broken).

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/searchba...=AURHK491L2LH6

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siren61 For This Useful Post:

Ok I have been doing mturk for about 6 months now can someone give me some pointers on how to make the money you guys are making it takes me 8 hours or more to get to my goel of 20

Thanks
    Thanked 4,746 Times in 1,596 Posts

First, bust your butt. I have been working since 8:15 am, and it's 11:11 here right now. I haven't really done anything else besides eat (at my desk).

Second, go through the posts here...see what people are working. Go try qualifications. Keep doing HITS, trying new requesters, work. When I was newer, I set a goal to try one new script per day. Now, I am on 1 new requester per day (or qual). Today, I got sidetracked by phone issues, and I am still working on trying to transfer my phone number. It does relate to mturk because I accepted my first ever HIT that requires a smart phone.

Anyway, you will see people are a lot more responsive here during the day, with a lot more advice and input. If you aren't available during the day, you can try chat up top, or you can try a weekend day. Saturdays are so-so, and Sundays lately have been fairly quiet (for this board anyway).

I don't know if you have access to the rest of the board yet, but if you do, go explore. There is a lot of great advice out there.

Sorry, there's no "magic" or "secret" to it.

Quote Originally Posted by seal5771 View Post
    Ok I have been doing mturk for about 6 months now can someone give me some pointers on how to make the money you guys are making it takes me 8 hours or more to get to my goel of 20

Thanks
    Thanked 11,340 Times in 4,300 Posts

I think a lot of it is finding a balance between requester pandas, single hit pandas and scraper. Play with your script settings and figure out what your timers need to be to get the best refresh rates you can without errors. Use TO to avoid bad requesters and underpaying hits.

Focus and put in the hours. Good stuff goes fast and may not come up a second time. Keep an eye on your scraper and be ready to grab surveys, etc as they appear. Watch the Hit Creation Date (newest first) page during quiet times and don't be afraid to take a look at hits with no TO. Sometimes you can luck out and find some real gems. Watch for qual hits and surveys that promise follow-ups! Kill scraper any time you're not right in front of your computer and run extra pandas.

If you know you're going to be away from your computer for a while, run pandas for surveys and batch work with long timers. If you're lucky you'll have some work waiting for you when you come back.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Siren61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,844 Times in 1,457 Posts

@asherman and @Siren61 basically covered everything but I'll mention my highlights.

1. Try as much as possible to get as many closed quals as you can. <---- This sums it up in a nutshell. Closed quals allows you to work on a batch without you having to worry about it going *poof* in a few seconds. Plus many of them are very high paying. My favorite closed qual is the CR website hits. In one day, I was able to make $350 off of them.

2. Use Hit Scraper (HS) to find high paying surveys. Even without closed quals, if you use HS effectively, you can quickly make $20 in an hour provided there are lots of experiments/surveys and you are fast enough to PANDA it against the other hundreds to thousands of other turkers using HS as well!

3. Monday - Fridays will be the biggest paydays. Saturdays are quieter, and Sundays are basically dead man's land.

That's pretty much it. Good Luck!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bpyser1 For This Useful Post:

How do I find closed quals I do panada alot of surveys that are gone when I get on and am able to catch a few of those. I do the batches that are up that I know about when not doing surveys. But they do not usually post in big batches.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,093 Times in 1,545 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMo9597 View Post
    @margaretd1949 Wanted to let you know that the $15 SuperCareer HIT approved and is pending payment. Did you get a response?
    Yes, because I had already did some of it they won't let me start over. And I do understand that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to margaretd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,844 Times in 1,457 Posts

How do I find closed quals I do panada alot of surveys that are gone when I get on and am able to catch a few of those. I do the batches that are up that I know about when not doing surveys. But they do not usually post in big batches.

Closed quals are usually hits that pay very little $0.00 - $0.10, or around that. You have to do a certain number of them and if you have good performance, you'll get into the closed qual and be able to do the same hit for greater pay and lots of them. Some closed quals only last a few batches or so, others are very long lasting (many months or years). They're hard to find on your own. If you search through the form, when a closed qual posts, many of the helpful people here will post about it to let others know. You have to be fast and diligent though at checking the forms as the quals usually go fast. I was able to get into many closed quals simply by being fortunate enough to check the forum at the right time. Because of that, I was able to get quals like CR, Plants, Taxes, etc. Other quals I don't have but most definitely would like are the Sergeys. I wasn't around when that qual posted

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bpyser1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,734 Times in 6,327 Posts

Anyone still here ? I couldnt sleep so Eric Sites is keeping me company. 34 down. All approved except a couple still pending.
    The first rule of fight club is WE DONT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JustKeepSwimming For This Useful Post:

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940