We typically are NOT getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. We need your help! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: 7/8/2017 Super Soaker Saturday HITs

Thanks
    Thanked 4,746 Times in 1,596 Posts

Ok, so as far as reporting, you only need to report the image if it breaks the sentence writing rules. With some of them you can't tell because you don't see all the images, so the sentence could be fine for the other set we aren't seeing. I think you have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Report the ones that break rules. For example, I had one that I reported because it referred to text in the image. It didn't say "the text says..." but the only way you could know the information contained in the sentence to know it was true was to use the text. So, that breaks the sentence writing rules. Other rule breakers would be ones that mention cropping, image quality, etc. Otherwise, it's just "no" instead of yes as your answer.

She does say that you should experience about 50/50 with the yes/no. If you only do a few, it's possible to have all yes answers or all no, but if you are killing the batch like yzyz does, you should end up somewhere close to 50/50 on yes and no answers.

Don't give up yet! I think this has potential to be great. We just need to get clear on these rules, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tscreener View Post
    One last question (I skipped over these) there were a couple that were simply false, like one said 'there is exactly 4 bikes lined in a row' and in neither image was there exactly 4 bikes (one had more, the other had 3) was that one that we were supposed to report?

But...if there had been exactly 4 bikes in one of the images what would that have been, a yes or a no?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,571 Times in 2,436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tscreener View Post
    One last question (I skipped over these) there were a couple that were simply false, like one said 'there is exactly 4 bikes lined in a row' and in neither image was there exactly 4 bikes (one had more, the other had 3) was that one that we were supposed to report?

But...if there had been exactly 4 bikes in one of the images what would that have been, a yes or a no?
    i think that would just be a no. i forget what the list of things to report was but i dont remember having to report a false statement? i could be wrong.

if there had been exactly 4 bikes in a row and there are a total of 7 images where the other 3 are not in a row, i would guess that's a yes. aaahhhh i need a drink! haha

i just look at the pair of images as one whole image. i think it's easier to answer the questions that way. i only separate them when i see "in one of the images" or something.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to yzyz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,403 Times in 1,636 Posts

I had two images that were confusing as well.

One of the images had a bunch of red mushrooms in it.

They said, "There is a red mushroom"
    I think the answer is "No" but it could also be "Yes" because the statement itself is true in that, yes, there is a red mushroom in the pic (but there are multiple mushrooms).
    I definitely know it would be incorrect to say "There is only one red mushroom in the image" It's all in the semantics...

The other was a bunch of boats in the two images all heading towards the left and they said, "All the boats are heading West"
    I reported the image as there was no way to tell Cardinal directions from the image, so that statement didn't make sense to me. You can't just assume going left = going West.

I hope I answered them right, yes, some of them are very confusing ???

Thanks
    Thanked 4,746 Times in 1,596 Posts

Ok, on the mushroom one, I would think a good sentence for what you are describing would be "There is at least one mushroom in each picture." The way it's written, I would assume one because it is "a" red mushroom. So I would say no for a field full of them (but not report).

For the boats and West, I agree with you. Report because it doesn't make sense. You have no reasonable way to determine West. If they said something like "heading left" it sounds worse, but it is more acceptable than west.

Now remember, I just got my qual, so I COULD be totally wrong.

**Edited to fix typo, which is my cue to go to sleep, as it's 12:30 am and I will be up early.**

Quote Originally Posted by bpyser1 View Post
    I had two images that were confusing as well.

One of the images had a bunch of red mushrooms in it.

They said, "There is a red mushroom"
    I think the answer is "No" but it could also be "Yes" because the statement itself is true in that, yes, there is a red mushroom in the pic (but there are multiple mushrooms).

The other was a bunch of boats in the two images all heading towards the left and they said, "All the boats are heading West"
    I reported the image as there was no way to tell Cardinal directions from the image, so that statement didn't make sense to me. You can't just assume going left = going West.

I hope I answered them right, yes, some of them are very confusing ???

6. The Following User Says Thank You to asherman For This Useful Post:

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122