We typically are NOT getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. We need your help! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!




Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: requester questions

  1. #11
    Moderator RippedWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,030
    Thanks
    1,538
    Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,015 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by nopotato View Post
    Thank you for the tip.

    One thing that I find frustrating is that people stop doing my HITs after 24hrs. I posted a HIT yesterday and this morning I have 300+/600 HIT left, yet zero people did it since this morning(it has been 8 hours). I've never rejected any HIT from any workers, I reply to all emails and give detailed feedback, I post notification for every HIT, and I think the pay ($0.25/sentence) is reasonable. I couldn't really think of what am I doing wrong to have so many left-over HITs. Is there anything I can do at this point?
    I've done a few of the HITs now. They are enjoyable and the pay is fair. I have a hypothesis on what may have happened. I note the total remaining is currently 136.

    First, what may be happening here is what I call the "remnants" or "scraps" of a batch. These are ones that workers keep throwing back (Returning the HIT) into the pool. Ones that are difficult that get returned or passed by. Eventually they will get done, when that's all that's left. When there's only hard ones left, workers may look at 2 or 3 or 5 or 8 and then give up and move on to something more lucrative.

    Secondly, some workers will avoid completing too many HITs at once for an unproven requester. I'll leave you a review once my HITs are approved This should reassure workers and attract new workers.
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedWarrior View Post
    I've done a few of the HITs now. They are enjoyable and the pay is fair. I have a hypothesis on what may have happened. I note the total remaining is currently 136.

    First, what may be happening here is what I call the "remnants" or "scraps" of a batch. These are ones that workers keep throwing back (Returning the HIT) into the pool. Ones that are difficult that get returned or passed by. Eventually they will get done, when that's all that's left. When there's only hard ones left, workers may look at 2 or 3 or 5 or 8 and then give up and move on to something more lucrative.

    Secondly, some workers will avoid completing too many HITs at once for an unproven requester. I'll leave you a review once my HITs are approved This should reassure workers and attract new workers.
    Wow thanks. I approved your HITS, you wrote good sentences . Seems like I need to build up my reputation then. We Are planning to release10000 or more HITs within a few weeks so I'm feeling a bit uneasy about whether it will ever be completed within budget...

  3. #13
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    31,973
    Thanks
    19,563
    Thanked 49,881 Times in 19,989 Posts

    Hello:
    I thought I'd jump in here, because I'm one of your guilty party. I must admit I don't do a lot of batches so after a few hits of anything I move on to something else. I've done several so far, but I've had to skip over a few because I simply had a hard time coming up with an appropriate sentence. Until I get more comfortable with the hits, and by that time I'm sure you will have all the workers you could hope for, I want to make sure I only do the ones that I feel 100% confident in my answer on. Don't get discouraged. Your hits pay fair and allow workers the opportunity to think. That is a rare combination on mturk. We just aren't use to it.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedWarrior View Post
    I have a question nopotato. In one HIT, I see 8 images - 7 flashlights and a microphone. Is the microphone significant enough to flag the HIT?
    Sorry I missed this message. I think so. If there's nothing that resembles flashlight in the image, then you may flag it. But sometimes you have to be more careful, for example I've seen a set with 7 toad and 1 tire, a few people flagged the image but if you look closely there's a tiny little yellow toad in front of the tire. I asked that if anyone is unsure about reporting they can just write a sentence and flag it.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by tscreener View Post
    Hello:
    I thought I'd jump in here, because I'm one of your guilty party. I must admit I don't do a lot of batches so after a few hits of anything I move on to something else. I've done several so far, but I've had to skip over a few because I simply had a hard time coming up with an appropriate sentence. Until I get more comfortable with the hits, and by that time I'm sure you will have all the workers you could hope for, I want to make sure I only do the ones that I feel 100% confident in my answer on. Don't get discouraged. Your hits pay fair and allow workers the opportunity to think. That is a rare combination on mturk. We just aren't use to it.
    Hi tscreener,

    Thank you working on my HITs and for sharing thoughts! If you want any feedback on the sentences you wrote feel free to send me an message with your workerID, I can go over your sentences and let you know if I spot any issues. Also, there's no single so called "correct answer" and you may write about anything as long as it abides by the instructions.

  6. #16
    Moderator RippedWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,030
    Thanks
    1,538
    Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,015 Posts

    I started a thread for Cornell LIC HITS here http://turkernation.com/showthread.p...-AHM8H0VQDWMXA
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post:


  8. #17
    I tried to access the Cornell LIC HITS thread, which was sent to me in an email, but I get a message saying I don't have permission to access the page. What do I need to do?

  9. #18
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    31,973
    Thanks
    19,563
    Thanked 49,881 Times in 19,989 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Phrogster55 View Post
    I tried to access the Cornell LIC HITS thread, which was sent to me in an email, but I get a message saying I don't have permission to access the page. What do I need to do?
    Post a few more times and next thing you know it you will have permission. It's just a matter of being active on the forum. Have you checked out the Daily hits thread?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to tscreener For This Useful Post:


  11. #19
    *** Forum Supporter & Moderator *** Rosie The Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Serving God
    Posts
    3,037
    Thanks
    7,449
    Thanked 6,084 Times in 2,235 Posts

    Oh, do join us in the Daily HITs thread! It's loads of fun and everyone is so helpful!

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:


  13. #20
    I have been looking and using the Daily HITs thread. Do I need to post a HIT or just comment? By the time I find a HIT to post, it is already there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •