Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "let's eat healthy, cheaply, and yummy" thread of awesome support!

The "let's eat healthy, cheaply, and yummy" thread of awesome support!

For ongoing chats of All the Stuffs: recipes, tips, tricks, support, and motivation!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sniksnak For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 51,355 Times in 20,529 Posts

I want to lurk...my 4 food groups are boxed, bagged, canned and frozen Seeing healthy ideas would be great!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tscreener For This Useful Post:

I love cooking. I have a Pintrest account with probably over 2000 recipes at this point.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mysticeyez For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I would love the recipe for that tazkiki (sp?) sauce some of you were talking about. I'm always looking for a good sauce for chicken, veggies, etc.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tonya622 For This Useful Post:

So debating which one to share. I am on a ketogenic diet currently and having tremendous success with it. I was spurred to lose weight and do this diet because of very high triglycerides and borderline diabetes cropping up. I have found a ton of very tasty low carb recipes. One of which is for chicken tenders. I can honestly say after having made these even if I stopped doing the low carb thing I would continue to make them this way because they are just that tasty. Really simple to make as well. Not sure whether or not I can link the blog it comes from so I will just post the ingredients etc. Let me know if I should/can link the blog post itself to give the original author credit.

Ingredients
    2 lbs chicken tenders
    1 cup grated parmesan cheese
    2 tablespoons parsley minced
    1 tablespoon dried oregano
    1 tablespoon paprika
    1 tsp garlic powder
    Pinch of cayenne pepper
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1/2 cup butter

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside.
    Line rimmed baking sheet with foil.
    Melt butter in a shallow dish.
    Dip each chicken tender in butter then roll in seasoning mixture and place on prepared baking sheet.
    Bake for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mysticeyez For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 18,637 Times in 6,134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonya622 View Post
    I would love the recipe for that tazkiki (sp?) sauce some of you were talking about. I'm always looking for a good sauce for chicken, veggies, etc.
    My way of making it is 1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt (usually greek because it's higher protein) a garlic clove diced very small, a little salt, and take a few inches of a cucumber and peel and seed it then dice that small. Sometimes I add a little dill, some people like a little lemon juice. Some let water drain from the cuc before adding to the yogurt but I add it and let the liquid it releases loosen up the yogurt. Mix. It's best to let it sit and flavors mix in the fridge at least 24 hours.

Darn I have no cucumber lol I'm really wanting this now

I like to flavor chicken breasts with a little rosemary and maybe a touch of fresh mint, salt and pepper and bake. That makes the flavor profile kind of like a gyro meat would be but much lower calorie

eta: You can change the amount of garlic you use depending on your taste. Raw garlic packs a punch so I start small lol but as it melds with the other ingredients it does calm down some

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarlsBored For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,738 Times in 978 Posts

groovy!! As soon as I catch up with mturk, I'll come over here for a bit.

I'm on the keto way of eating too. Started 3 weeks ago and down 11lbs! Tonight I'm doing chicken tenders smeared with mayo, topped with parmesan and baked and a salad on the side It's fun once you get the hang of it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carebear For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,164 Times in 1,369 Posts

I do something similar with the chicken tenders. I use an envelope of Good Seasons Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder, and bake at 375 for 20 min or until temp is 165.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dazcat For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I totally forgot to subscribe 'cuz I never remember how and assumed no one had come over here or posted anything. ^.^

My current dilemma: I'm considering doing some food subscriptions on Amazon, because if you bundle 5 you get 15% off. So I'm trying to find 5 things that are around local "sale price" that would be useful to get like every 3 months, stuff that I use often, goes on sale sporatically, and maybe stuff I sort of want to limit/curb my use of. So far I'm thinking variety pack of herbal teas and cashews. Any idea for other sort of dry goods stuff that would make a good addition to a healthy diet?

I have this trouble in stores too, I can't remember good stuffs and have to wander up and down every aisle hoping I can recognize stuff when I see it

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sniksnak For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast