Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is everyone arts and crafting? Post pics and let's chat and get inspired!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,409 Times in 4,070 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RippedWarrior View Post
    I took an old dresser and made a charging station out of it. The top drawer does not pull out but rather folds down and there is a large battery charger mounted to the door. I didn't build the top piece, but rather modified the inside of it to accommodate various devices and their charging cables.

Attachment 1135
    What a great idea!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to louwho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,911 Times in 7,738 Posts

Just finished this over the weekend. The crate pet bed idea is from here (though I decorated/finished it differently):
    http://www.theinspiredhive.com/2014/...y-pet-bed.html

Just a quick tip if anyone wants to make one--I used the two removed slats, sawed down to size, to make a couple crossbars (visible on the bottom) to make the weight-bearing part a bit more sturdy.
    "N/A" showing on TN for TO could be due to TO issues. Requesters may not be new and may have negative TO! To be careful, click through to the TurkOpticon site when no TO shows.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mills For This Useful Post:

Thanks

edit: this comment is for Mills post above. I'm a derp and did not quote it.

I absolutely love this @Mills! Awesome work!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to louwho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,974 Times in 691 Posts

I'm working on a Honeycomb Baby Blanket. It's super easy and awesome TV knitting.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LovieMuppet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,911 Times in 7,738 Posts

That's so pretty, @LovieMuppet! Welcome to the forum!
    "N/A" showing on TN for TO could be due to TO issues. Requesters may not be new and may have negative TO! To be careful, click through to the TurkOpticon site when no TO shows.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,974 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mills View Post
    That's so pretty, @LovieMuppet! Welcome to the forum!
    Thank you!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LovieMuppet For This Useful Post:

Catching up, catching up! (also I need to put this on watch...)

@louwho - So. Cute. I really want to make another hat with ears XP Also, I can't quite see the stitches - how do you get heart shaped feet on that bear? Slip stitch a time or two in the pad to get the dip?

I have this issue with gauge, and the mistaken belief that hat patterns are going to be too small and look dorky (even though I don't have a particularly large head.) Thus all my hats fall over my eyes if I lean forwards, and walking about is an adventure in "what's happening more than three feet in front of me?

@Remy - So adorable! It reminds me of a sewing project from Home Ec back in the day, though of course mine was... rough... You designed the dog yourself too? Having no artistic abilities in that direction, you are like a magical unicorn of talent

@Mills - That looks like such a cozy scarf, with interesting texture, which is always the best part! I love the cat bed - my finishing never works out, but it's definitely something I want to try. Actually, now you point me to that site, crates could solve several problems I've been having... hmmm...

@RippedWarrior - Gah, that is so totally my style, distressed, vaguely steampunk furniture is my weakness. Even better when it's intensely practical (though I'm still waiting for the day powering things will be cord-free.)

@LovieMuppet - Easy?!? Maybe I just haven't knitted in a while, I can't figure it out! Super pretty and cozy looking though, definitely a blanket to keep forever, not just baby years

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sniksnak For This Useful Post:

@LovieMuppet Seeing your post Just got me to realize your sheep avatar is made of yarn balls! They're both super cute

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Remy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sniksnak View Post
    Catching up, catching up! (also I need to put this on watch...)

@louwho - So. Cute. I really want to make another hat with ears XP Also, I can't quite see the stitches - how do you get heart shaped feet on that bear? Slip stitch a time or two in the pad to get the dip?

I have this issue with gauge, and the mistaken belief that hat patterns are going to be too small and look dorky (even though I don't have a particularly large head.) Thus all my hats fall over my eyes if I lean forwards, and walking about is an adventure in "what's happening more than three feet in front of me?

@Remy - So adorable! It reminds me of a sewing project from Home Ec back in the day, though of course mine was... rough... You designed the dog yourself too? Having no artistic abilities in that direction, you are like a magical unicorn of talent

@Mills - That looks like such a cozy scarf, with interesting texture, which is always the best part! I love the cat bed - my finishing never works out, but it's definitely something I want to try. Actually, now you point me to that site, crates could solve several problems I've been having... hmmm...

@RippedWarrior - Gah, that is so totally my style, distressed, vaguely steampunk furniture is my weakness. Even better when it's intensely practical (though I'm still waiting for the day powering things will be cord-free.)

@LovieMuppet - Easy?!? Maybe I just haven't knitted in a while, I can't figure it out! Super pretty and cozy looking though, definitely a blanket to keep forever, not just baby years
    The pattern had a series of sc, hdc, dc, and sl st to make it dip in a bit to make the heart shape. I also took a piece of yarn and looped it through a hidden part of a stitch in the dip and then pulled it through to the other side of the foot and tied it to help make the dip more pronounced. If you are interested in the pattern I can dig up the link for you.

Oh hats....it has taken me a long time to get the feel for them and make the correct sizes. I can't ignore tension and gauge like I can in some other projects. lol

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to louwho For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by louwho View Post
    The pattern had a series of sc, hdc, dc, and sl st to make it dip in a bit to make the heart shape. I also took a piece of yarn and looped it through a hidden part of a stitch in the dip and then pulled it through to the other side of the foot and tied it to help make the dip more pronounced. If you are interested in the pattern I can dig up the link for you.

Oh hats....it has taken me a long time to get the feel for them and make the correct sizes. I can't ignore tension and gauge like I can in some other projects. lol
    Nah, it'd feel like cheating to look at the pattern XP (I'm very into writing my own right now. Also very into short row shaping and basically "one piece" designs. Spent Friday holding a ruler up to my monitor, feeling like a tailor as I measured every dimension of Hobbes, from Calvin and Hobbes (the stuff toy version, not the living version). Not nearly as hard as I thought, though he's also going to be much larger than I thought, so hopefully he comes out okay...)

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sniksnak For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast