We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What is everyone arts and crafting? Post pics and let's chat and get inspired!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 469 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by changes4kelly View Post
    Me! I got a new fancy Cricut Explore Air for Christmas. I've used it once lol. I haven't been in the mood to scrap much lately, but maybe if you show me your projects it will inspire me .
    I will post as soon as I can.

Thanks
    Thanked 29,392 Times in 9,480 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by louwho View Post
    My rendition of April with her baby on board

OMG that is too cute

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hballarte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,715 Times in 3,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hballarte View Post
    OMG that is too cute
    Thank you!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to louwho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,397 Times in 1,275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sniksnak View Post
    Nah, it'd feel like cheating to look at the pattern XP (I'm very into writing my own right now. Also very into short row shaping and basically "one piece" designs. Spent Friday holding a ruler up to my monitor, feeling like a tailor as I measured every dimension of Hobbes, from Calvin and Hobbes (the stuff toy version, not the living version). Not nearly as hard as I thought, though he's also going to be much larger than I thought, so hopefully he comes out okay...)
    Snik snak, u are multi talented in other areas as well as mturk I see. I am amazed! Write your own patterns?? Bah ha ha ha, yea I'll get right on that

Thanks
    Thanked 3,397 Times in 1,275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HailCardassia View Post
    She is good at sewing both by hand and with our old Singer sewing table. She'd always done her own alterations and stuff like that but I'm not sure how extensive her experience is. Nothing super fancy I don't think. She used to cross stitch a lot but I don't think she has ever crocheted or knitted. She isn't very tech savvy. Pretty much my whole family are farmers going back as far as I am aware and she lives fairly simple so she isn't really up on modern tech but she has always wanted to learn how to quit since she was very little because she used to sit with her grandmother while she quilted(we still have many of those quilts) but she passed before she could teach my mother and because of kids, work, and various life stuff hasn't really had the free time or money to learn. Now that I'm a bit better off I'd like to make it happen for her but I'm not sure if one or two classes would be enough. She lives in a fairly rural area so we don't have a ton of options and most of the people I have talked to just offer one or two classes. I did talk to one woman at a fair, well we call it a fair, its like homemade crafts, livestock, and stuff like that, who teaches classes and said she could do more classes but she is like 60-90minutes away.

I wouldn't say she needs to walk out with a finished piece after. She just wants to learn how to do it so as long as she could walk out of there are the end of the course and know how to do it from start to finish, different techniques, etc I think she would be happy. Obviously she would need to practice at it but just a basic general knowledge.
    If she has a computer there are so many tutorials on you tube for beginners. Everything from picking your fabric, cutting, piecing, bindings, and all the things you will need for quilting. Quilting is so much fun and I hope you can help her to get started. Good luck!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to margaretd1949 For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567