We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Help ! I made a mistake

Requester
    Thanks

Help ! I made a mistake

Dear requesters,

I poorly designed my HIT on AMT thus workers were not able to complete it. How can compensate them for their time and feedback knowing their workerID ?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

mcb

Thanks
    Thanked 2,320 Times in 983 Posts

Hi mcb, if the worker has never submitted a HIT for you, unfortunately you are not able to send them a message (or grant them a bonus) through the Mechanical Turk platform.

You can, however, assign them a qualification.

I would create a custom qualification, and grant it to those workers. Then, create a make-up HIT and apply that qualification, so only those workers you have identified can access the HIT. Finally, hope that they see it and complete it to collect their reward.

Good luck!
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 47,706 Times in 19,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mcb View Post
    Dear requesters,

I poorly designed my HIT on AMT thus workers were not able to complete it. How can compensate them for their time and feedback knowing their workerID ?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

mcb
    I'm guessing that at least some of them contacted you? You will be able to respond to their queries and you can ask them to spread the word. You might also go to your turkopticon page and add a comment for the other workers to contact you. Good luck! It is great that you are willing to admit that you made a mistake and that you want to make it right. Turkers are a forgiving bunch. They will appreciate it tremendously.