We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Canceling HIT (Requester) - Personality Survey A

Canceling HIT (Requester) - Personality Survey A

I recently posted a HIT called "Personality Survey A", and several people immediately informed me that there was an issue with the HIT and they could not access the survey. I canceled the batch of HITs, but now quite a few people are still submitting them, so I'm guessing that accessing the survey was still possible.

I want to apologize for the issues to anyone who accessed the HIT - and reassure people that I will of course pay everyone who meets the conditions of HIT completion. (I have emailed a few people to let them know, but that was going slowly, so I wanted to post in this forum)

Also, if anyone has any ideas of what I should do, I would appreciate it. I'm trying to figure out the best course of action right now, but advice might allow me to respond quicker. Thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nightroamer For This Useful Post:

Actually, as far as I can tell, workers might not even know that I canceled the HIT! I was just so surprised that so many people took the survey in the very short time I had the HIT up, and I was worried that workers might think they would not be paid.

Unless anyone suggests otherwise, I will just wait a while and see how it goes.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,234 Times in 951 Posts

I think that when you cancel the HIT, those who have already accepted it can still complete and submit it. I think.

There might have been an issue with the survey link, that some people could figure out, such as copy-pasting into a new browser tab instead of clicking on the link. Let us know how it goes!
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.