We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!




Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How "Bad" is a Rejection Really? Will You Do HITS For New Requesters?

  1. #1

    How "Bad" is a Rejection Really? Will You Do HITS For New Requesters?

    So...at about 2500 HITS in with 3 rejections. Two of the three were for new requesters and one is clearly looking for free data.

    I'm starting to think about confining my work to established requesters only...

    Do you guys do this? Is it ever worth it? I know everyone has to start somewhere but this is ridiculous.

    Also, how "bad" is a rejection according to Amazon? Does it make it more likely that they will suspend your account or do they only look at blocks?

    Still sitting at 99.8% but with two in a week I'm getting nervous.

    I hear about people with 30,000+ HITS and only 3 rejections which seems impossible to me. I always pay attention and do good work but maybe I'm being too aggressive by doing HITS for new requesters?

    Any thoughts would be helpful and appreciated as this is my sole source of income at the moment and I want to keep my account in good standing.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fannugi For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member Huayruro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Peru
    Posts
    234
    Thanks
    15,208
    Thanked 864 Times in 216 Posts

    I would like to know too, just received my 7th rejection.
    Most of mine have been from new requesters with no TO.
    The last one rejected me saying "Not match solution from majority of people" despite in the hit it said "Some candidates might be difficult to judge, just go with your guts feeling."
    I don't think you get suspended because of too many rejections.
    The problem with established good requesters is that their Hits are hard to catch because everyone wants them

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huayruro For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Moderator bromeliad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Fritz Lang's Metropolis
    Posts
    1,126
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 3,605 Times in 866 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Fannugi View Post
    So...at about 2500 HITS in with 3 rejections. Two of the three were for new requesters and one is clearly looking for free data.

    I'm starting to think about confining my work to established requesters only...

    Do you guys do this? Is it ever worth it? I know everyone has to start somewhere but this is ridiculous.
    See How often do you take a chance on unknown requesters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fannugi View Post
    Also, how "bad" is a rejection according to Amazon? Does it make it more likely that they will suspend your account or do they only look at blocks?
    According to ancient lore, multiple blocks in rapid succession usually awakens the Amazon dragon and fixes you firmly in it's unblinking gaze.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bromeliad For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bromeliad View Post
    See How often do you take a chance on unknown requesters?



    According to ancient lore, multiple blocks in rapid succession usually awakens the Amazon dragon and fixes you firmly in it's unblinking gaze.
    Nicely put ;] But how about rejections? Will rejections fitting that criteria do so as well?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fannugi For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Moderator bromeliad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Fritz Lang's Metropolis
    Posts
    1,126
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 3,605 Times in 866 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Fannugi View Post
    Nicely put ;] But how about rejections? Will rejections fitting that criteria do so as well?
    Probably not, rejections are par for the course in this game; there are plenty of people with hundreds, even thousands of rejections, turking merrily away.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to bromeliad For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •