Our server bill is due soon and we need your help in paying it. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: mTurk HIT Fees Calculator

Thanks
    Thanked 7,660 Times in 2,546 Posts

mTurk HIT Fees Calculator

I've created an mTurk HIT Fees Calculator to allow Requesters to easily determine what the best pricing for their HITs are in order to minimize fees. Enjoy!
    It's all good.

Requester
    Thanks

Hi spamgirl,

Is this calculator still accurate?
    I need a formula or an explanation for how to calculate expected costs of a survey per question.
    Can you help me with this somehow??
    Because Amazon turned down my MTurk Worker application, but allows me to be a Requester, I have no way to learn of the process selecting and performing HITs - or do I?
    I'd really appreciate your help!

Cheers,
    Tomek

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tomek View Post
    Hi spamgirl,

Is this calculator still accurate?
    I need a formula or an explanation for how to calculate expected costs of a survey per question.
    Can you help me with this somehow??
    Because Amazon turned down my MTurk Worker application, but allows me to be a Requester, I have no way to learn of the process selecting and performing HITs - or do I?
    I'd really appreciate your help!

Cheers,
    Tomek
    For the survey you'll have to pay in one lump sum, so what you really need to know is how long it will take people to do the survey and then pay to aim for an appropriate hourly rate, typically US Federal Minimum Wage ($7.25). The fees will be 40% of the total cost.

But yes, the calculator should still be accurate.
    It's all good.

Requester
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spamgirl View Post
    For the survey you'll have to pay in one lump sum, so what you really need to know is how long it will take people to do the survey and then pay to aim for an appropriate hourly rate, typically US Federal Minimum Wage ($7.25). The fees will be 40% of the total cost.

But yes, the calculator should still be accurate.
    Thank you, spamgirl!
    Now there's another question I have. Since I read in other threads that it may be possible to avoid the 40% fees, is this still an option and if yes, how do I do this?
    I'm sorry if this is not the right thread. Please direct me to the right thread if you happen to have one where I can find the answer quickly. I appreciate your time for answering my questions!
    Cheers!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tomek View Post
    Thank you, spamgirl!
    Now there's another question I have. Since I read in other threads that it may be possible to avoid the 40% fees, is this still an option and if yes, how do I do this?
    I'm sorry if this is not the right thread. Please direct me to the right thread if you happen to have one where I can find the answer quickly. I appreciate your time for answering my questions!
    Cheers!
    Yes, using the code in those threads. OR you can use TurkPrime, but I think you might have to pay for that?
    It's all good.