We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: New to Turking..PLEASE HELP

New to Turking..PLEASE HELP

Hello,
    I have been doing this for about three weeks at an average of $10/week. I have about 115 hits completed. I have been reading the best way to make more money doing this. I was hoping someone would explain different scripts, software, etc.. that would help. I don't understand this, so please explain the benefits, procedure, and anything else I may need to know. Right now, I just go on and search for a certain price range that I am qualified to do. I can't seem to get any new qualifications even though I ask for them. I read a lot and most of this goes over my head. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Steve

Welcome to Turker Nation! There is a lot about scripts on the forum. Here is a great thread: http://turkernation.com/showthread.p...nd-PandA-Links
    Hanging out in the Daily HITs thread is a great way to find good HITs and people there are super helpful about scripts that are good for increasing your earnings.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 984 Posts

Hey Steve,

Most qualification requests will go unanswered. There is no way for most requesters to see or respond to qualification requests - they just disappear into the void.

You said that you search for a certain price range - don't disqualify lowing paying HITs. (I have earned $25,000 and my average price per HIT is $0.06.) Note that a 5-cent HIT that takes 20 seconds pays at a rate of $18/hour - that's way better than a $1 HIT that takes 10 minutes ($6/hour).

Good luck!
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

Hi there! I am new here and this is my first post. I see that Steve asked about scripts and librarian50 posted a link. Apparently I don't have access to the link yet, so I'm just wondering what a script even is? I tried to download one, I think TurkOpticon, and it seemed that nothing happened. I was directed somewhere else to download it because I use Safari. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MissesB View Post
    Hi there! I am new here and this is my first post. I see that Steve asked about scripts and librarian50 posted a link. Apparently I don't have access to the link yet, so I'm just wondering what a script even is? I tried to download one, I think TurkOpticon, and it seemed that nothing happened. I was directed somewhere else to download it because I use Safari. Can anyone help me out with this?
    Scripts are extremely helpful, and even necessary to maximize your earnings.

Turkopticon is a must-have - it's where workers rate and review requesters, and is your first line of defense against shady requesters (i.e. those who reject everything).

There are a great many scripts found here: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts?ut...%9C%93&q=mturk

The are compatible with FireFox and Chrome, not Internet Explorer and I don't know about safari.
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post: