We typically are NOT getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. We need your help! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: How to give Bonuses to lots of Turkers?

How to give Bonuses to lots of Turkers?

Hello,

I need to give Bonuses to a number of Turkers and I was wondering whether there is a way to do that automatically?

Thank you,

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ResearchLab For This Useful Post:

I second this question! It would be great if the answer allowed for determination of the quantity of the bonus as a function of the MTurker's responses, also.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turkernationaccount For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ResearchLab View Post
    Hello,

I need to give Bonuses to a number of Turkers and I was wondering whether there is a way to do that automatically?

Thank you,
    There is, you would have to do it programmatically using the API and a GrantBonus operation.
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by turkernationaccount View Post
    I second this question! It would be great if the answer allowed for determination of the quantity of the bonus as a function of the MTurker's responses, also.
    You would have to write your own script for this.
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

Thanks

I use the Amazon CLT (command line tools) for that: Once set up correctly you can copy an Excel column with payment codes into your dos window and they will be automatically submitted one after the other. The API is actually nearly unusable for doing it (several clicks per person and typos are very costly and not improbable).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jankwoike View Post
    I use the Amazon CLT (command line tools) for that: Once set up correctly you can copy an Excel column with payment codes into your dos window and they will be automatically submitted one after the other. The API is actually nearly unusable for doing it (several clicks per person and typos are very costly and not improbable).
    Respectfully, I disagree. I use the JAVA SDK in the API and have the operation pull the data from a CSV file. Did you mean the web interface is nearly unusable?