We typically are NOT getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. We need your help! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Carnivorous Plants?

Talking Carnivorous Plants?

Does anyone else have carnivorous plants? I have two cape sundews, one of which is growing in the container my terrestrial bladderwort is in, six venus fly traps, and one purple pitcher plant. The fly traps and pitcher I picked up at Lowe's. If you have carnivorous plants, what are they and what's on your wishlist?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 758 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katskratch View Post
    Does anyone else have carnivorous plants? I have two cape sundews, one of which is growing in the container my terrestrial bladderwort is in, six venus fly traps, and one purple pitcher plant. The fly traps and pitcher I picked up at Lowe's. If you have carnivorous plants, what are they and what's on your wishlist?

Well, I just took everything back inside in preparation for winter dormancy or a sunny spot under the T5s.

Cape sundews, rosetted sundews, temperate thread leaf sundews, temperate forked leaf sundews, a couple of highland nepenthes, four types of sarracenia (including a purpurea ssp. venosa), one "green dragon" Venus flytrap, and two dewy pines which I managed to grow from seed.

One item on the wishlist would be Aldrovanda vesiculosa, but I would have set up a small tank to raise some daphnia pulex for food too.

Quote Originally Posted by katskratch View Post
    I have two cape sundews
    I thought about getting some sundews for fruit fly control. Do you have any experience with that? Bananas are the worst!