We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: NEWBIE Help Request - How To Avoid Blocks / Suspension / Etc... Insight Appreciated!

NEWBIE Help Request - How To Avoid Blocks / Suspension / Etc... Insight Appreciated!

Hi everyone,

Newbie here who just started TURK'ing two weeks ago. At around 330 accepted HITS doing mostly surveys.

Have a few questions and any thoughts would be most welcome. Right now I am very grateful that TURK exists because it is helping me stay afloat.

I just started using PANDA CRAZY and wind up with a lot of abandoned / returned HITS (some days up to half as money as I accept!) I also return a lot for other reasons including not being eligible.

I know that most requesters don't look at these numbers but can I get in trouble with Amazon if I have a REALLY high percentage?

Also, how do I avoid getting blocked by a requester? There have been a few instances where I missed an attention check test (doing my best to straddle the line between doing quality work yet moving fast.) Can I get blocked for this? I understand that it can lead to a suspension which is not an option for me.

Thanks again! Looking forward to any / all responses as right now I want to be able to move forward and make some money without worrying that I'll get booted!

Welcome to Turker Nation! As far as we know, returning HITs does not get a worker in trouble with Amazon. I have been Turking since 2007, and have never seen this to be a problem.

Missing attention checks would allow the requester to reject your work, and rejections sometimes lead to a block. Several blocks could lead to suspension. The rules are never very clear with Amazon, so it's best to be careful with those checks. Also, use Turkopticon to see if a requester is in the habit of rejecting. There is lots of good advice all around the forum, so read what you can and ask questions