We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think these are fair payments?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,234 Times in 951 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ResearchLab View Post
    That is not our account; our ID is A1TOCEZJHRZJVG. I just checked and I think our reviews are overall good. I did not think of the fact that there could be other Requesters with very similar (if not equal) names affecting our reputation. That is a problem. Maybe we should think of using another account.

As for location restrictions, is US.
    Nope, scratch that. Requester reviews are tied to the requester ID, no worries there. Your reviews are great. I was just scrounging for an reason why your HITs were not being snapped up.

Location is US certainly should not restrict you, somewhere around half of workers are in the US. Excludes me though
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,234 Times in 951 Posts

I just had another thought - how many HITs did you publish and how long was the timer on them?

I found the answer: the timer was set to 4 hours.

The only other thing I could think of is the timer. Workers can accept up to 25 HITs at a time. When workers saw this 4 hour timer, they may have accepted the HIT (reserving it to themselves) with the intention of completing it 2 or 3 hours later. This is common - workers will accept HITs with long timers, but not work on the HIT until they have time later.

If the worker lets the HIT expire, or starts it and changes their mind and returns it, it goes back into pool for other workers to accept. The timer then restarts for that worker, who will have 4 hours to complete it. Rinse and repeat.

This could explain the long completion time - one cycle as described above could take up to 8 hours until the HIT is submitted.
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

Quote Originally Posted by RippedWarrior View Post
    Nope, scratch that. Requester reviews are tied to the requester ID, no worries there. Your reviews are great. I was just scrounging for an reason why your HITs were not being snapped up.
    Ahh good, ok no worries there then.

Hello guys,

I just wanted to let you know that I am planning on starting a Batch of the experiment tomorrow, in case you are interested. Number of assignments will be 200 to start with. If I get full enrollment, I will publish another batch.
    The specifics of the experiment have been slightly changed but here a very brief summary:
    - First Hit: 4.50 (about 30/35 minutes) - Download of a productivity app + survey
    - Second HIT: 5.5 (about 40 minutes) - Survey + proof-reading task
    - Third HIT: 1.50 (about 10 minutes) - Survey
    - Fourth HIT: 6.50 (about 45 minutes) - Survey + proof-reading task

Turkers that take all the 4 HITs are also given a Bonus of $3.
    In addition, among Turkers that take all the 4 HITS and show professionalism, we randomize 10 prizes of $50 dollars. (Yeah, this research is quite important to us )

NOTE: there are some requirements to participate in the experiment. Everything is clearly explained in the description of the HIT when you preview it. Just make sure to read carefully the instructions before deciding whether to take the HIT.

I will post the link tomorrow when the HIT is published. Thank you all for the comments and suggestions

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ResearchLab For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 76,123 Times in 23,909 Posts

I will post the link tomorrow when the HIT is published. Thank you all for the comments and suggestions
    Thank you! Hope I can catch it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bear For This Useful Post:

Hello guys,

the HIT has been published! You can look for Study about Online Distractions and Workers Performance by Research Lab. Keywords: survey, online, easy.
    As mentioned before, make sure to read carefully the instructions.
    Thank you all

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ResearchLab For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hello guys,

the HIT has been published! You can look for Study about Online Distractions and Workers Performance by Research Lab. Keywords: survey, online, easy.
    As mentioned before, make sure to read carefully the instructions.
    Thank you all
    Thanks for the heads up. Apparently I can't do it. I'm not qualified. Already participated in similar HIT is not 1 but I haven't done a hit for Research Lab since December. 5 min study for $0.50

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bear For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Apparently I can't do it. I'm not qualified. Already participated in similar HIT is not 1 but I haven't done a hit for Research Lab since December. 5 min study for $0.50
    Mmm that is weird then. If you want, can you send me in private your Worker ID, I can see what is going on

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ResearchLab For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Mmm, did you take part to the first batch I published a couple of weeks ago? Or did you take any task including Proof-reading lately?
    According to my database, the last hit I did for Research Lab is 5 min study for $0.50 on 12/14/2015.

or 2015-12-07 Survey about a hypothetical online scenario

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bear For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Mmm that is weird then. If you want, can you send me in private your Worker ID, I can see what is going on
    According to people in the Daily Hits thread, no one is qualified.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bear For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast