We typically are NOT getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. We need your help! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think these are fair payments?

Thank you for the answers! We have been testing the timing of the surveys, so the estimates should be pretty accurate.
    The reason we are asking about payments is that we launched the first HIT last Monday and the rate of enrollment was very low (like, we got 6 Turkers in 12 hours). So we thought that maybe we were not paying enough.
    Do you think it may be because the first HIT requires to download an app (as mentioned in the description above)? Or maybe Turkers do not feel like committing to take all the 6 HITs?

We are planning on launching a new HIT (a big one, with about 300 assignments) sometime next week. I ll advertise the HIT here.

Thank you again,

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ResearchLab For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 49,956 Times in 20,014 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ResearchLab View Post
    Thank you for the answers! We have been testing the timing of the surveys, so the estimates should be pretty accurate.
    The reason we are asking about payments is that we launched the first HIT last Monday and the rate of enrollment was very low (like, we got 6 Turkers in 12 hours). So we thought that maybe we were not paying enough.
    Do you think it may be because the first HIT requires to download an app (as mentioned in the description above)? Or maybe Turkers do not feel like committing to take all the 6 HITs?

We are planning on launching a new HIT (a big one, with about 300 assignments) sometime next week. I ll advertise the HIT here.

Thank you again,
    Did you launch your $4 hit and you didn't get any interest? That surprises me. Is it possible there was a problem with the qualifications or access to the survey? If you post it on here, or the Daily Hits Thread and we know about it, we'll probably all dive in.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tscreener For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tscreener View Post
    Did you launch your $4 hit and you didn't get any interest? That surprises me. Is it possible there was a problem with the qualifications or access to the survey? If you post it on here, or the Daily Hits Thread and we know about it, we'll probably all dive in.
    Yes, we launched the 4$ HIT; the assignments were completed by the end of the day but what worried us was the rate of response (if we got 6 Turkers in 12 hours, is going to take us way longer than expected to get 300). I ll go and check again qualifications, maybe we were being too strict or something.

Thank you again for the answers,

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ResearchLab For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 49,956 Times in 20,014 Posts

Yes, we launched the 4$ HIT; the assignments were completed by the end of the day but what worried us was the rate of response (if we got 6 Turkers in 12 hours, is going to take us way longer than expected to get 300). I ll go and check again qualifications, maybe we were being too strict or something.

Are your hits posted under your requester name? It looks like the TO for ResearchLab is a little rough. Once word gets around that your hits are reasonable they will go quickly. Thanks for looking for input. It is always appreciated.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tscreener For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,394 Times in 1,134 Posts

Overall pay for the project certainly looks fair. I'm a little bummed I missed the initial $4! Will it be relaunched?
    Today: $16.35 out of $10.00 ($25.00)
    This Week: $75.31 out of $50.00 ($125.00)
    This Month: $167.86 of $310.00 ($500.00)

Geordi Alexander, born 01/15/2017!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MeiaNoite For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,015 Posts

What qualifications did you put on the HIT?
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Looks good to me, except the $2 at 18 minutes. Min wage here is $10.50/hour. What are the quals?

There's a long line of turkers behind me waiting for these

The qualification we set were: 95% reputation and 100 HITs completed. Are these quals too strict? Since the study is about Workers' performance, we would need Turkers with a bit of experience.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ResearchLab For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,015 Posts

The qualification we set were: 95% reputation and 100 HITs completed. Are these quals too strict? Since the study is about Workers' performance, we would need Turkers with a bit of experience.
    Those are not too strict. In fact, they are extremely lax. Most new workers complete 100 HITs within their first 2 days, some on their first day. For perspective, experienced workers often complete in excess of 1000 per day.

Anything below 98% approval is considered poor by MTurk standards.

Did you apply any location restrictions? Or accidently leave the masters qualification on? (Amazon puts the masters qualification on by default, to try and squeeze extra fees from you).

EDIT: It doesn't make sense that a $4 HIT would languish - workers are hungry for $$$ and a HIT at that rate should provoke a feeding frenzy.

EDIT: I see a requester with the name ResearchLab (ID: A1AHTK0A5ST883) that has a very poor rating. If this is you, these reviews will drive workers away.
    https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/reports?id=A1AHTK0A5ST883
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post:

[/QUOTE] EDIT: I see a requester with the name ResearchLab (ID: A1AHTK0A5ST883) that has a very poor rating. If this is you, these reviews will drive workers away.
    https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/reports?id=A1AHTK0A5ST883[/QUOTE]

That is not our account; our ID is A1TOCEZJHRZJVG. I just checked and I think our reviews are overall good. I did not think of the fact that there could be other Requesters with very similar (if not equal) names affecting our reputation. That is a problem. Maybe we should think of using another account.

As for location restrictions, is US.
    Last edited by ResearchLab; 09-01-2016 at 06:41 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ResearchLab For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast