We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: How to get workers?

How to get workers?

Hi all! I'm a relatively new requestor, posting academic links. I'm posting a fairly large block of work (45 - 60 minutes), with what I think is good pay ($13), but having trouble getting workers. I assume this is because I'm new and not known, and no one wants do an hour of work and risk not getting paid. Any tips on what I can do to help get workers?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ResearcherP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,320 Times in 983 Posts

Hi ResearcherP, thanks for joining and posting here.

You have a qualification set on your HIT "Piloting_P is not 1". This means only workers who hold the qualification "Piloting_P" with a value other than "1" can access your HIT. I cannot access the HIT because I do not hold the "Piloting_P" qualification. I think this may be your issue. If the intent of the "Piloting_P" qualification is to prevent workers from completing the HIT more than once, you should go with "Piloting_P has not been granted". Then, workers who do not hold this qualification can access the HIT; those who have the qualification will not be able to access it.

I am also excluded because it's set to USA only - any chance of opening it to Canadians as well?

I note that you have mixed reviews https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/reports?id=A3TIPSVD4A2IXU. But the reviews alleging rejections (even worse, mass-rejections that destroy worker accounts) may scare people away as well. Workers are very protective of their accounts; rejections can harm worker accounts so many workers will avoid requesters when there is a risk of rejection. (Based on your reward, I doubt this would be the case - $13 will be worth the risk to most workers).
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks so much! I mis-understood how the qualification system worked and assumed that the default was zero - I did not realize that not everyone would have the qualification. I'll go fix that now.

I would love to open it up to Canadians as well, but unfortunately, we were only granted IRB approval for the US. Any rejections were by the previous custodians of the account (i.e., not me), but I really appreciate knowing that it can be an issue. Thank you!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ResearcherP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 88,610 Times in 27,217 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ResearcherP View Post
    Thanks so much! I mis-understood how the qualification system worked and assumed that the default was zero - I did not realize that not everyone would have the qualification. I'll go fix that now.

I would love to open it up to Canadians as well, but unfortunately, we were only granted IRB approval for the US. Any rejections were by the previous custodians of the account (i.e., not me), but I really appreciate knowing that it can be an issue. Thank you!
    Welcome to the forum! I would love to do your hits but you have the Masters qual enabled. I hope you consider removing it. Masters qual does not get you any better workers. It only cost you more money for the hits.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bear For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have to agree with Bear on this one. The masters qualification is a marketing ploy from Amazon designed to separate you from your money. It does not give you any guarantee of experienced or accurate workers, and severely limits your potential worker pool.
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the tip! I will remove that qualification in the future. I did get a few people today and will be posting more tomorrow. I don't want to breach any rules by advertising my HITs anywhere I shouldn't. Am I allowed to post a link to HITs in the Daily HIT thread?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ResearcherP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 2,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ResearcherP View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I will remove that qualification in the future. I did get a few people today and will be posting more tomorrow. I don't want to breach any rules by advertising my HITs anywhere I shouldn't. Am I allowed to post a link to HITs in the Daily HIT thread?
    You should have a link at the top of every page on TN now that allows you to advertise your HITs.
    It's all good.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Requester
    Thanks

Hi! Could you please help me advertise a short survey? It's called Imagine A City (July 2016) _NEW

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tani View Post
    Hi! Could you please help me advertise a short survey? It's called Imagine A City (July 2016) _NEW
    Quote Originally Posted by spamgirl View Post
    You should have a link at the top of every page on TN now that allows you to advertise your HITs.
    Spamgirl offers a method right here.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post: