We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Strange issue that just started in the last week.

Thanks

Question Strange issue that just started in the last week.

I keep getting booted from Groups of HITS after completing one of skipping one with the notice "There are no more HITs available in this group" when there are still hundreds or thousands listed. This has happened across multiple requesters and there is no way I should be hitting any limits or have done them all as I have only done a few dozen (Heck - today it happened after my first one in a group with 5K plus).

In all cases I can immediately re-enter the group and grab a new HIT with no issues. I've tried looking for a pattern but have not been able to find one.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks

I am also having this occur, I thought it was odd, but since I am new to the MTurk I just figured that is the way things go. Thanks for letting me know I am not crazy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,234 Times in 951 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sockless View Post
    I keep getting booted from Groups of HITS after completing one of skipping one with the notice "There are no more HITs available in this group" when there are still hundreds or thousands listed. This has happened across multiple requesters and there is no way I should be hitting any limits or have done them all as I have only done a few dozen (Heck - today it happened after my first one in a group with 5K plus).

In all cases I can immediately re-enter the group and grab a new HIT with no issues. I've tried looking for a pattern but have not been able to find one.

Anyone else seeing this?
    Amazon has started "throttling" batches. When you click on "why" when it says there are no more HITs available, there is a new message - something to the effect of "The HIT group is experience high demand" or something like that. Pain in the ass.
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Truly a PITA - having to go back and find the HIT batch you were working on. If they want to throttle - ticking people off to the point they give up on the batch is a good way.

Thing I found as a work-around on batched that I am working on is to set it up as a PANDA and fill your que with them..

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfuccione View Post
    Thing I found as a work-around on batched that I am working on is to set it up as a PANDA and fill your que with them..
    Doesn't work. They disappear from my queue too after a certain time limit. I have 3500, and I'm trying to get enough to reach 5000, but this way it will take a few more months.

Quote Originally Posted by parnation View Post
    Doesn't work. They disappear from my queue too after a certain time limit. I have 3500, and I'm trying to get enough to reach 5000, but this way it will take a few more months.
    That's strange. Are you letting the hits expire by accident?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to chrisfuccione For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

It's not just the expiring ones. They've set limits on how many group HITS you can do. After doing about 100 HITS for A9, I was cut off and told I'm not qualified.
    Last edited by parnation - banned; 07-27-2016 at 06:23 PM.