We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Turk Alert will ***NOT*** close May 1st

Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 2,088 Posts

Turk Alert will ***NOT*** close May 1st

Due to changes Amazon has made to Mechanical Turk, Turk Alert is no longer able to function optimally. The system can't tell which Requester is which as you can't see Requester IDs when logged out, and it can't automatically log in as Amazon has put a CAPTCHA on any account which logs in on a schedule. As a result, Turk Alert will close on May 1st when the last subscriptions have completed.

I have figured out a tedious manual workaround to the issues, so as long as Turk Alert can raise $50 a month in subscriptions, it will remain online. I will keep this thread posted if things change.
    It's all good.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

That is to bad to hear. Hopefully between now and then a work around can be found.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chrisfuccione For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sorry to hear this news. TurkAlert has been very good to me over the years. Thank you for all the hard work which was put into it!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thegrinder For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfuccione View Post
    That is to bad to hear. Hopefully between now and then a work around can be found.
    There is no workaround. The CAPTCHA problem has been going on over a year, and would require $$ for a programmer to implement a (TOS breaking) workaround that I'm not willing to implement. I don't have time to log in manually, so basically, it's just over. Thankfully, Turk Master and HIT Scraper offer alternatives that don't face the same issues, so the transition to those tools should make up for TA's loss.
    It's all good.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I figured out a way I can manually update the Requesters as long as workers report the issues via the form I link to on TA. It's tedious and slow, but it'll work for now. TA stays up.
    It's all good.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post: