We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Windows 10

Thanks

Windows 10

Hi

I've put windows 10 on my laptop now it's running very slow now. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please help!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,995 Times in 728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LUGE View Post
    Hi

I've put windows 10 on my laptop now it's running very slow now. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please help!!!!!
    Press Win + X keys together on the keyboard and pick the Task Manager from the menu. Select the Performance tab, then select the Memory box. How much memory is In Use and how much is Available?

Hope It Works for You

Hi Luge,

A search on the Internet suggests that to resolve this issue, you have to perform the following steps:

• Find the Control Panel by clicking on the Start Menu.
    • At the right corner of the Control Panel, go to the Search Bar and search for Performance.
    • Now, you have to search for “Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.”
    • Next, go to the Advanced tab and click on Change in the Virtual Memory section.
    • You have to find the option “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” and uncheck it.
    • Now, select the default Drive C: where you have installed a Windows 10 and select the Custom Size.
    • Then, you have to change the Initial Size and Maximum Size to the recommended values by Windows, which is in the Total Paging File Size For All Drives section
    • Click on Set and OK to save the settings
    • Now, reboot the computer and open it after few minutes to check the performance of a system

Hope the above steps will resolve your issue.