We need help getting enough package purchases to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Good laptop for turking?

Good laptop for turking?

As competition for the family laptop is ever more keen, I can already see that I'm going to want my own dedicated platform to turk with. I crave a Macbook Pro, but not the bust-out brand spanking new retail price, so my question is, how old a used Macbook will provide an acceptable turking experience? Assuming a unit is in good condition, could I go back as far as a 2009-2010 model and not suffer frustrations in getting things to run the way I want? Should I get over my man-crush on Apple products and just spend $300 on a much-less-used Windows laptop? For reference, I'm now using a Dell Latitude E6530 running Windows 7.

Get the mac. You won't regret it! I started with a 2013 Macbook Pro...and it was great...then I decided to sell it and buy my current macbook pro in 2015...I think I switched because of the screen size - the 17" was too big for me. The nice thing is they retain their value! I think anything 2013 or newer would be good and you should be able to get something good that is $500 price range.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,347 Times in 610 Posts

I personally use nothing but Apple products. I know I need to eventually suck it up and buy a desktop PC but for now I do just fine with my 2012 MacBook Pro. Yes it’s gonna be more expensive than that Windows laptop but the reliability of Apple has me sold. I bought my Mac brand new from Apple in 2012 and don’t have any major issues with it still to this day past needing a new battery soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk