We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: How to give feedback to a Turker instead of rejecting response first?

How to give feedback to a Turker instead of rejecting response first?

Is there a way to contact a Turker who has made a submission? I don't necessarily want to reject first and then have to reverse it if they have an explanation, and/or I want to be able to catch up to them and suggest they respond more accurately - for example, someone classifying Dallas or Baltimore as a suburb vs. urban - without penalizing them for what may be a misunderstanding...thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Christy808 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,409 Times in 2,077 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Christy808 View Post
    Is there a way to contact a Turker who has made a submission? I don't necessarily want to reject first and then have to reverse it if they have an explanation, and/or I want to be able to catch up to them and suggest they respond more accurately - for example, someone classifying Dallas or Baltimore as a suburb vs. urban - without penalizing them for what may be a misunderstanding...thanks!
    http://turkernation.com/showthread.p...rkers-directly

That's the best way to contact them. In your case, you will find them in the "Pending Review" tab.
    It's all good.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,278 Times in 965 Posts

The email worker functionality has been removed from the Web UI. Another fine example of growth and innovation from Amazon.

If you are using the Web UI, the only way to contact a worker is by sending them a bonus and attaching a message. You can send them a $0.01 bonus and send your feedback and/or ask them to contact you.
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RippedWarrior For This Useful Post:

Requester
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christy808 View Post
    RippedWarrior is right.

I don't know how involved you are with AMT for collecting data. If you use it for quite a lot of your studies, or if you foresee you will use it more often, I recommend you to learn to use their API tools, in R language. You will be much more equipped in doing what you want by using API.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shogun_Sean For This Useful Post: