We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Paint By Numbers

Thanks

Question Paint By Numbers

Since crafting and building have become part of my business, I have been looking for something else to do just for fun. I remember when I was little, my mom used to do Paint-By-Numbers and she loved it. Quite a few of them are framed and hanging in her home. I started looking into it and noticed there are now a LOT of brands and a LOT of price differences. Does anyone have any favorite brands that they use for these? I cannot draw or paint on my own to save my life, so I think this is my best option for the "artsy" area.

Thanks
    Thanked 37,602 Times in 10,688 Posts

I used to love paint by number when I was a kid. My biggest project was Last Supper. I do not do it any more but I used to love it. Also, I loved paint by the numbers on a piece of wood. I still have some of the ones I did. They were beautiful. They have lasted over 50 years.

Thanks
    Thanked 49,133 Times in 19,714 Posts

If you have a Hobby Lobby nearby check out some of their larger ones (16" x 20" or so.) You can use a 40% off coupon,that you can bring up on your phone, which makes them really reasonable. One of those can take me up to a couple of years to finish. There are a ton of them on ebay, but be careful because many of them come rolled up, so you have to buy the frame and stretch them. The ones in the craft stores come on card board backing, so it's just a matter of framing them after the fact. I really enjoy doing them, since I have no drawing or painting skills.

Thanks
    Thank you both! I was looking on Amazon for them and they have anything between $5.00 and $150. Many different brands, many different styles. I thought I'd have to stretch most of them anyway, which isn't too big of a deal. I did not realize that it became such a huge business and got overwhelmed looking at them. Although I put about $1,500 worth in my "want list". Lol!