We typically are NOT getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. We need your help! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We need your help in keeping Turker Nation online

Thanks
    Thanked 6,654 Times in 2,156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    Thanks Kfun! Yes I read the conversation between you and spam which gave me the idea.

I'm not sure whether I can buy a gift card on MTUrk, which is in the US, and use it on Amazon Canada - I guess probably not. I know that the gift cards from MTurk can't be used on European Amazon sites, I once asked them.
    You can only buy an Amazon.com GC on Amazon.com, but if you can do it, that's fine. I'll figure out someone to sell it to!
    It's all good.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spamgirl View Post
    You can only buy an Amazon.com GC on Amazon.com, but if you can do it, that's fine. I'll figure out someone to sell it to!
    Okay that's great! So, please tell me how this works, I have never bought a gift card on MTurk. Do they email me a code and I forward it to you, or what shall I do? They have no info on this in the FAQ's, at least I haven't found any. Sorry to ask so many questions.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,988 Times in 980 Posts

Okay that's great! So, please tell me how this works, I have never bought a gift card on MTurk. Do they email me a code and I forward it to you, or what shall I do? They have no info on this in the FAQ's, at least I haven't found any. Sorry to ask so many questions.
    When I did it this is how it worked. You select the amount you want or put your own amount in. They will ask for the email recipient. That is the email spamgirl mentioned in mine and her conversation. You click send or purchase or whatever the button is and that is it. The recipient gets an email and the gift card that way. Your part is done. You get an email in regards to the purchase you made and maybe an email that the person has received it...I don't remember that part for sure. It was super easy to do.

Thanks

Just tested, you can't buy a GC with an Amazon balance I had forgotten about that...
    It's all good.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,988 Times in 980 Posts

Just tested, you can't buy a GC with an Amazon balance I had forgotten about that...
    spamgirl....she is getting her mturk money somehow. I assume direct deposited to her bank. Can you use bank info to purchase on amazon or does it have to be a debit or credit card?

Thanks

I don't understand. I have the option to transfer my money to a GF on my dashboard. That GF would be for Amazon.com. Would that not work for you?

---------- Post Merged at 01:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kfun View Post
    When I did it this is how it worked. You select the amount you want or put your own amount in. They will ask for the email recipient. That is the email spamgirl mentioned in mine and her conversation. You click send or purchase or whatever the button is and that is it. The recipient gets an email and the gift card that way. Your part is done. You get an email in regards to the purchase you made and maybe an email that the person has received it...I don't remember that part for sure. It was super easy to do.
    I would do that if I had a debit or credit card.

Thanks

I don't understand. I have the option to transfer my money to a GF on my dashboard. That GF would be for Amazon.com. Would that not work for you?
    It doesn't actually transfer to a GC, it transfers to the Gift Card balance on your account, which you can't use to purchase an actual, transferable gift card.
    It's all good.

Thanks

Oh too bad

I will contact Neo, see if he has PayPal.

If you have any other ideas, let me know!

Thanks
    Thanked 35,575 Times in 10,834 Posts

Just in case for people like me who do not use Paypal, You can still purchase through Paypal as a guest and just use your debit or CC. I was going to do the Amazon GC but I thought I would check it out and it will let me use Paypal even though I dont have an account ( I personally am not fond of Paypal LOL )

Anyone who uses the Daily HITs Thread and made some money today, how about helping out with our next bill? Even a few dollars helps, especially if we all work together!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast