We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We need your help in keeping Turker Nation online

Thanks
    Thanked 6,328 Times in 2,057 Posts

Yep, the Canadian dollar is worth less than the US dollar, so $20 here is $19.something there - an added bonus! Thank you!
    It's all good.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,919 Times in 951 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spamgirl View Post
    Yep, the Canadian dollar is worth less than the US dollar, so $20 here is $19.something there - an added bonus! Thank you!
    Actually it was 16 and some change. not sure what that says for our dollar or your dollar.
    but added bonus yes!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kfun View Post
    Actually it was 16 and some change. not sure what that says for our dollar or your dollar.
    but added bonus yes!
    Good lord! Time to come shopping in Canada, US people!! LOL Your mTurk pennies will stretch like rubber here apparently...
    It's all good.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Not interested in a package, but would like to make a small donation and I do not see a button for it. I can't find a link to click to donate. help. I would think there would be a subtle one on every page...

Hi Rosewater,

You can do different amounts here. The forth option at the bottom has different dollar amounts from the first three.

There was a pink button in the tabs at the top of the forum, but Spammy may have taken it down for work. I'll drop her a message about it.

VetBit: $300/300, CT: $346/$346, VetLA: $0/$600, DallPath: $0/$200, P: $600/$1K, ID: $0/150, Eye: $0/$100, X: $0/600
    VetEye: $0/350, VetIck: $0/$350, <3 $0/$2,500, House, $0/$2K, Loc8tor: $100/$100

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BunnyFlavored For This Useful Post:

Still confused- I am not buying a package not supporting the forum for x amount of days; just wanted to make a simple donation. nevermind...will try again later...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rosewater View Post
    Still confused- I am not buying a package not supporting the forum for x amount of days; just wanted to make a simple donation. nevermind...will try again later...
    Because of the legal and financial issues around "donations", we can't accept them. Instead, you have to buy a forum package, as we're able to "sell" things. If you'd like to pay a custom amount, you can buy an anonymous package here that allows you to do just that.
    It's all good.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 477 Posts

I am not able to purchase a package via the link because I don't have a PayPal account and I also don't have a debit or credit card (yes that's true, we live very old fashioned with cash and checks here in India).

Is it possible to send you a gift card code that I buy on MTurk with my MTurk money?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,919 Times in 951 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    I am not able to purchase a package via the link because I don't have a PayPal account and I also don't have a debit or credit card (yes that's true, we live very old fashioned with cash and checks here in India).

Is it possible to send you a gift card code that I buy on MTurk with my MTurk money?

I was able to do this by purchasing an amazon email gift card. I actually used a debit card so not sure how or if you can use Mturk money to do this. I would think that if you move your mturk money to an amazon gift card that you could use that gift card to buy an email gift card. But I am not exactly sure how that works because I do not do that. I am sure spamgirl or one of the other moderators will come in and answer your question a little more thoroughly. But the info and amazon link and email to use is somewhere in this thread. It was a conversation between me and spamgirl. You have to use the special amazon link because spamgirl is in Canada. And you probably want to verify with her that is still ok to do.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 477 Posts

Thanks Kfun! Yes I read the conversation between you and spam which gave me the idea.

I'm not sure whether I can buy a gift card on MTUrk, which is in the US, and use it on Amazon Canada - I guess probably not. I know that the gift cards from MTurk can't be used on European Amazon sites, I once asked them.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast